I need to get better about keeping up with my blog. I'm super busy now but I know I'm going to forget important milestones and cute things that Andrew has done. I'll start with the updates then move onto the pictures.
Work:
So I am back at work. I had a lot of anxiety leading up to it, but it is SO much better than I expected. I'm not going to lie; the first day was SO hard. I cried when I had to say goodbye to Andrew in the morning, and then I cried the whole half hour to work. That's not all. Every time a coworker would stop to say hi I'd start crying all over again. Thankfully by the time my students arrived I stopped. My fellow teachers were SO AWESOME and totally helped make the day bearable. One teacher even brought me a "survival bag" with soda, tea, coffee, candy, and other junk food. How sweet! The other thing that makes working so much better is that my students are wonderful this year. (Knock on wood) I actually feel totally rejuvenated, which I'm shocked about. I talk about my students outside of school because they are that cool. I'm not joking! I'm so impressed with their deep thinking and discussions. I haven't had students like this in a couple years! The days also go by really fast. The ride home is a drag because I just want to hug and kiss Andrew. I just love the smiles he gives me when he sees me!
Andrew is doing really well with my mother-in-law. I was very nervous about a lot of things, which I'm not going to go into because it's water under the bridge now. He's eating great, napping pretty well, and having lots of fun with his 3 year old cousin. He also seems super happy when he gets home. He's had me cracking up a lot lately.
Christmas:
Andrew's first Christmas was so much fun! He was SO good! I was nervous about all the traveling we'd be doing - not far but lots of places to go - and how he'd handle naps. Naps were short but he managed and was super happy. Of course he got totally spoiled, especially by his grandparents, but I didn't expect anything less! :) Since he's almost 6 months, Christmas really fell at the perfect time because we hadn't bought him any big toys yet. Now we have more than we know what to do with. We've slowly been showing Andrew new toys so he doesn't get too overwhelmed. He loves them all!
Andrew:
Oh boy, Andrew has changed so much this past month! I will be making a 6 month post on Sunday (or soon after) but here are some of the newest things that have happened:
He started sitting on his own for minutes at a time at about 5.5 months. (see pics below) I'm SUPER excited about this milestone! He is so proud of himself. He's getting better everyday but still needs our support a lot of the time.
He went through a growth spurt over Christmas. He goes to sleep at 7:30 every night and Christmas night he started waking at 10:30 screaming and starving. I'd feed him, he'd pass back out, then he'd wake around 4 to eat again! This lasted almost a week then he went back to his old sleeping habits (7:30-5ish). And let me tell you, I can totally tell that he went through a growth spurt! He definitely looks bigger and his thighs have gotten so chunky!
Andrew is still constantly moving and has started kicking at his toys instead of grabbing or batting with his hands. It's so funny, especially when he's on his playmat. He loves bathtime and kicks and splashes up a storm.
He is finally getting some more hair. It's still very fair and peach fuzz like, but it's growing!
He is still loving his solid foods. I'm ready to add in "lunch" since he acts like he wants more and he already has breakfast and dinner. I'll be asking the pedi at his 6 month visit, but I know he'll say go for it. He's been getting oatmeal and fruit (about 3oz) in the morning and chicken and a veggie (about 3oz) at night. He's had a lot of pooping issues since starting solids but about 2 weeks ago he finally started pooping almost every day. Now it's sometimes twice a day! He seems so much happier and comfortable now. I hated having to give him prune juice all the time.
Amazingly I am still breastfeeding even though I've stopped pumping. I BF him in the morning and once in the evening. I think my supply is ready to tank though because he seemed a bit frustrated this evening while I nursed him. I'm going to try to keep it up as long as possible. I started supplementing him with formula just after 5 months and he's taken to it really well. I give him a bottle of formula before bed every night. He still gets frozen breastmilk during the day but I only have about 2 weeks (maybe) left so then he'll be switching to all formula unless I can continue to breastfeed a couple times a day.
A couple funny BOY stories:
I was changing Andrew's diaper when he lets out a loud "AHHHH...." sound then proceeds to pee all over me! I've been peed on many times but never with sound effects!
The same night he was in the tub when he farted, looked directly at me, and laughed!
Such a boy!
Other random things... Andrew had his first "accident" which was totally my fault. He loves to bounce in his bouncy seat. I mean, he goes NUTS and bounces so hard the bottom hits the floor. He can only do that when he's not strapped in. Then he bounces so hard he slides down, so I really have to watch him. I had him in the kitchen bouncing away while I was arranging cookies on a tray. He slid down so I sat him back up and turned around for a second. When I turned back around he was leaning forward (wanting to sit up) and toppled over onto the floor. He bonked his head on the tile floor. At first he just laid there for a second then he started screaming. I felt HORRIBLE. He had a red mark on his head, but he stopped crying after a minute and was smiling and laughing minutes later. That same night Daddy pinched his little hand between himself and the crib. We felt like awesome parents that day!
Now for your viewing pleasure... my cutie!!


2 comments:
it is amazing how young the 'boy' personality shines through- where do they learn it! Love the pics- he is getting so big and adorable. The santa suit is too much!
Thank you for checking in on me...I am doing well just haven't felt like reading blogs or writing on mine.
Andrew is getting so big...I can't believe he is sitting up on his own!!
Post a Comment