My little sweetheart is 13 months old! He's just growing up so fast. Even though I'm no longer taking the "official" monthly photos with the onesie stickers, I still want to document each month and what he's been up to. This is essentially his baby book because I pretty much FAILED at keeping up with his adorable baby book that I spent a good amount of money on from Etsy. Oh well..
So here goes:
At 13 months, Andrew..
- weighs about 26.5 lbs and is about 31.25ish inches long
- wears size 4 diapers during the day but we are about to switch to size 5; wears size 5 overnights
- is in 12-18 month clothes
- varies a lot in the amount of milk he drinks - for most of the month he was drinking around 28oz but this past week he's been around 20-24oz
- completely off bottles! He basically gave them up cold turkey a few days before his 1st birthday. He also now holds it on his own, which is big since he NEVER held a bottle on his own. Lazy boy!
- his eating habits have gone down hill a bit... he's not eating nearly as much as he used to (which really isn't such a horrible thing because he ate A LOT) but he's also getting picky
- only wants strawberries and blueberries for breakfast with occasional toast
- blueberries are his absolute favorite food! Other foods he seems to like at the moment: mac & cheese, any pasta with sauce, raviolis, grilled cheese, any fruit, animal crackers, pizza, toast with cream cheese, and pierogies
- still on Axid, however, this is his last refill. The doctor said he's essentially weaning himself since we never upped the dose as he put on weight. I've also started giving it to him once a day. So far, so good. Only one little spit up of milk. Luckily he never seems to spit up any food, only milk.
- still takes 2 naps but they are getting more difficult. AM nap is around 9 and PM nap is around 1:30. He was taking really long naps and I'd have to wake him. Now, he's taking forever to fall asleep for both naps. One day he refused his morning nap so I tried one nap all day. AHHH! He is not ready for that yet. I don't know... I've got to play around with this and figure out something that will work for when I go back to work.
- is in his crib by 7:30 but usually doesn't fall asleep til 8ish. He either plays quietly or just watches his mobile and soother.
- wakes up at 6:30, give or take 10 min.
- is officially a walker! He took his first steps a couple weeks after his 1st birthday then slowly, slowly started taking more. I didn't actually call him a walker until his 13 month-day. That day he walked from his room (one end of the house) to the dining room (other end of the house). He's doing GREAT although refuses to walk with shoes on. lol! Hates shoes just like his momma!
- still not really talking... says "mamama" and "dadadad" but not really sure it means anything. He also was saying "jo jo" which means no no. I say that a lot. LOL! He also will say dog "og" but now he's saying that anytime he opens a book, so who knows what he's thinking! I swear he's trying to say yucky and Lucy (our dog's name).
- does a clicking noise with his tongue all the time. So funny!
- loves to stick out his tongue, especially when you do it at him first.
- shakes his head "no" all the time. He loves when he does that and I say, "Nooo???" and then I nod my head and say, "YESSSSS!" He laughs and does it all over.
- he will stop what he's doing if I say "no no" (sometimes it takes a couple no no's) and sometimes he'll stop, sit back, and shake his head no. The funniest is when he crawls or walks by something he knows he can't have/do and he'll shake his head as he goes by. LOL
- HATES his diaper changed! Anytime I lay him down on the floor or changing table he throws a fit.
- speaking of changing table, he's getting too big for it but if I change him on the floor, he tries to roll away. Ugh, so difficult!
- getting more hair and it's all blonde! Love it!
- will "dance" when certain music from his toys are turned on. His dance moves consist of a little bouncing when sitting on his knees or mostly just what looks like waving but with both hands. It's so cute!
- loves putting objects into or on top of other things. We find random things everywhere. My favorite was finding one of his alphabet magnets in the tall bag of dog food that Corey left sitting out.
- still has his pacifier for naps and bedtime. (Pedi said it's ok until 2 if only for naps and bedtime.. we'll see..)
- loves to imitate us (hence the sticking out of the tongue)
- loves to show off for people when they visit. He'll do a "trick" with his toy and look at the person and smile.
- can be very shy around people he doesn't know or in a big group of people. He clings to me or Corey at these times.
- can get VERY clingy! Mostly when he's tired or cranky... He'll often cry for me if I walk out of the room at these times.
- will play with a coaster, plastic coin, or ring with beads in it for quite some time.. he usually flings it down the hall and chases it.
- still "studies" designs on the hardwood floor.. hilarious!

3 comments:
does hatred of getting diaper changed = being ready for potty training?
I don't think so... I've heard not to even attempt PT until 18 months. I don't think he's any where near ready, unfortunately.
Andrew is so cute, he is so jolly.. love it!
Post a Comment