I'm a HUGE picture person, so I always knew I wanted to do tons of professional pictures during Andrew's first year. I planned on newborn photos and every 3 months after. I'm so lucky to have an amateur (hardly!) professional photographer in the family! My sister-in-law takes wonderful pictures. You've seen some that I've posted on here, including my maternity photos. Well, you can imagine how bummed I was when every.single.photo session was a big fat fail. Not on SIL's part but on Andrew's! He HATES professional photos. I know it's hard to believe seeing how happy he is in all the pics I take of him, but that's because it's me and not someone else with the camera. Even though Andrew NEVER cooperated for photos, she still got some good ones, especially during his 9.5 month shoot. So, as Andrew approached a year I got really excited, hoping maybe he grew out of the hating-pictures-with-a-passion-stage. Since my SIL was due with her 3rd baby just days after Andrew's first birthday, I knew it would be too hard for her to take the pics. So I went with another local photographer who does GREAT work! I also thought maybe with someone different and a little more experience than SIL that Andrew would cooperate better. Oh boy.. was I ever wrong! The poor kid hated it. Hated, hated, hated. He clung to me and cried. A lot. Finally I had to end the session because I felt like I was torturing my poor child just because I wanted some nice pictures. I almost ended up in tears myself! Regardless, she did get some cute photos and I FINALLY got them back last week. Here are a few of my favorites. (I guess it's only fair to mention that I was the same way as a child - hated my photos taken. Ha.. pay pack!)


 |
| I will cherish this picture forever! |
3 comments:
Cute pics. I am a child photographer and know how hard it can be to get good photos of a one year old. They turned out cute!!
What wonderful pictures... he is sooo cute (and I think he is looking more and more like his mama, although you probably hear that all the time!). PS - thanks for your willingness to give me "teacher advice" with Clayton... I may take you up on it :)
great picts!
Post a Comment