Ah, keeping up with this blog has gotten so time consuming and just not fun anymore. I'm going to continue to do monthly updates for Andrew's sake but other than that I'm not going to force myself to post. I used to LOVE blogging but my time is super precious anymore, and I've found that I need to pick and choose what I need/want to do and what can get left behind. It's all so I can spend more time with Andrew!
Anyway, here we are at 17 months. One month away from being a year and a half old! Every day Andrew continues to amaze me and my love for him continues to grow. Some days I just stare at him and wonder how this amazing little boy could be mine. While he is the most active kid I've ever seen and definitely exhausting, I wouldn't trade him for the world. He keeps me on my toes and makes me appreciate life's little moments.
Before I get to what Andrew is up to, I will say I'm getting quite worried about Andrew's speech or lack there of. He babbles and makes sounds constantly. Mostly "dadadada" all day, with the occasional "mamama" but that's pretty much it. He will say "dog" when prompted. If I moo like a cow, he'll say "mmmmm" but that's it. I know I shouldn't compare him to another kid his age because every child is different, but it's just so hard. I remember people telling me "5 words by 15 months". Well here we are at 17 months and he talks no more than he did at 12 months. I will definitely bring up my concerns to the pedi at his 18 month appt next month, but until then if anyone still reads this blog and has experience with late talkers, help a mom out! Ah!
Now onto the fun stuff..
At 17 months Andrew:
- weighs around 30lbs and is about 33.5 inches tall
- size 5 diapers (day and night)
- wears 18-24 month clothes for the most part but does have some shirts in 2T; will start buying 2T jammies as well
- size 5.5 shoe but could possibly wear a 6 even though they are a little big
- drinks between 18-28 oz of milk a day but usually more about 24ish oz - He LOVES his milk. He'll often whine or point to his cup when it's empty. He's actually been getting milk at different times of the day rather than his 4 "scheduled" times. I'm totally fine with that!
- continues to eat great and is expanding his limited menu. He'll eat anything we offer him off of our plates, forks, etc. but won't always eat it if it's placed on his plate or tray. Silly boy! Last week he ate 3 meals exactly the way Corey and I ate them. Usually I'm making a different meal for him, so that was nice!
- favorite foods currently include: ketchup (lol), clementines, grapes, toast with cream cheese, any kind of cheese, chocolate! (the little bit we give him), pierogies, anything with sauces
- naps... I think he FINALLY is at 1 nap! Go Andrew! I finally just had it with trying 2 naps and struggling every day over Thanksgiving break I just kept him up through his normal morning nap and put him down after lunch (around noon). He was a bit cranky around 9:30 when he'd normally be napping, but giving him milk and a snack helped. I had him keep it up at the sitters and my MIL's and I think he's finally used to it! It's so much nicer!
- sleeps great at night still - goes down around 7 and falls asleep super quick because of the only 1 nap. Wakes around 6 on the week days and 6:30 on the weekends, although on Sunday he let us sleep til 7:15!
- Molar #3 came through and molar #4 is in the process of cutting now.. poor guy! That makes 12 teeth total!
- talking was mentioned above. The one thing he constantly does is point to something and says "DA!" I thought it meant "that" but I really have no clue anymore. He'll do that when he wants us to say the name of something.
- points and whines/grunts at an object when he wants it - usually a toy, snack, Elmo DVD, etc.
- still gets his pacifier at naps and bedtime. He knows where I keep them and will point at them but also knows he doesn't get it except when he's going to sleep. I do keep an "emergency" pacifier in my purse in case he has a meltdown (like at the carousel last weekend when he got scared and screamed) but most of the time he doesn't need one.
- understands pretty much everything. If he doesn't, you can seriously see the wheels turning in his head trying to figure out what we're saying!
- runs everywhere. He is so fast and often gets tripped up.
- loves to dance! It's so cute.
- started clapping finally! He just likes to do everything on his own time, I guess. (trying to remember that with the talking thing...)
- loves to push things around especially boxes and laundry baskets. So funny!
- still loves taking things out of the pantry and putting them back in (sometimes)
- continues to take all the books out of his book shelves
- LOVES books but doesn't tolerate sitting and looking at/reading them
- Lucy is his best friend. The poor dog often gets her hair pulled and grabbed pretty hard, but Andrew shares his snacks so I think that makes up for it.
- is a total mama's boy! I love it :) He often cries if I walk out of a room even for second but doesn't do that for anyone else. Occasionally he'll cry when I leave him with the sitter but we've both gotten good at keeping him distracted.
- backs up to sit down. He'll turn himself around and then slowly back up and plop down. Usually on my lap or his foldable chair.
- loves when I make funny faces at him. He cracks up over and over.
- loves making funny faces especially at himself in the mirror! He continually keeps me laughing!
- loves Christmas lights. Every time Andrew notices our tree lights are off he runs and points behind the TV (where I plug them in) so I will turn them on.
- has stayed away from the Christmas tree! People are amazed that I have presents wrapped and put under the tree. Besides slapping one (for the sound) he really hasn't touched them. He did pull one ornament off and points at others but I'm super impressed! I was scared to put the tree up!
- always pulls off his winter hats but then will try to put them back on his head (or my head)
- points at Lucy's treat dish when Lucy comes in from outside. We taught him months ago how to give Lucy treats in the morning but now he does it EVERY time she comes in. She sure loves it!
- freaks out if we don't turn ON his little heater in his room for naps and bedtime or OFF when he wakes up. LOL
- drinks his last cup of milk before bedtime routine (used to do it RIGHT before sleep) while watching his new Elmo DVD. He loves to sit on my lap while doing that

1 comment:
Well, just wanted to let you know that I've missed you in blogland, but completely understand about not wanting to do anything that takes you away from your precious guy - I don't blame you! I'll just enjoy reading your monthly updates of Andrew :) Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment