I know I am going to totally neglect this blog now that I don't have monthly updates to do, so I thought I'd squeeze in a quick post. I'm totally enjoying my summer home with Andrew. This year there is so much to do because he's a bit older. He's just such a sponge right now, and I love watching every little thing he is learning. Here are a few of my favorite things about this summer:
- morning walks with Andrew, especially when we get out early enough where it's slightly cool (doesn't happen often)
- Andrew has developed a LOVE for grapefruit! I was eating one one day and he wanted to try it. Ever since, we've shared a whole grapefruit each morning. It's actually the first food he asks for after he wakes up.
- I've been teaching Andrew to say please and thanks. He has started doing this unprompted, especially thanks. It is the CUTEST thing! He loves saying it and always smiles.
- Andrew gets shy around crowds of people or new people he doesn't know. He'll exclaim, "I shy!" He obviously learned that from me because I'd always ask him if he was being shy when he'd hide his head when approaching new people. So cute!
- He has started to hold my hand at random times. I always make him hold my hand as we walk down the stairs or into a store, but he'll take my hand walking down the hallway or sometimes just sitting on the couch.
- One more (even though I could go on and on).. we continue to do the hokey pokey at night right before bedtime, but now he dances in his crib while Corey and I grab his stuffed animals and dance with them. He CRACKS up and asks us to dance with another stuffed animal or his baba. Love it!
Here's a couple pictures as well.. he's too cute not to add pics to the post!
 |
| Eating fettucini for the first time |
 |
| Hamming it up for the camera |
 |
| Acting innocent even though he was really torturing the dog |
 |
| Clapping for himself after building blocks! |
1 comment:
Amy, he is seriously SO adorable! Love seeing the recent pictures :)
Post a Comment