Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, March 6, 2010

21 weeks! LONG POST WARNING!

What an absolutely amazing week! Thinking back on it makes me tear up because I have never been this happy, besides the day I married Corey. It is still sinking in that we are having a little boy. Corey and I were saying how it seems so much more real now that "it" is a HE and he has a name! (BTW we are sticking with Andrew! YAY!) I just love saying his name and talking about him. I went out shopping on Wednesday after getting the big news and bought way too many cute outfits. I couldn't help myself! I'm such a happy and proud mama!

I didn't really post much about my appt. on Wednesday other than the obvious news. Andrew is perfect and healthy and BIG! He weighs a pound already! I asked the tech. if that is average and she laughed and said it's great! I later read through my books and realized that on average most babies don't weigh a pound until close to 23 weeks! Also, when the tech was taking measurements on Andrew, there was a little box in the corner of the screen that would say what he was measuring in weeks. Each time it was between 21 and 22(+) weeks. So I think we've got a chunky monkey on our hands. If I haven't mentioned it before, I weighed 10lbs 2oz at birth. I definitely have concerns about having a super big baby and will discuss this with my doc as my due date gets closer and if Andrew continues to measure big. I know he can "even out" in the coming weeks. As for me, my doc is very pleased with how I am progressing in this pregnancy. All week I stressed about my weight gain but was pleasantly surprised when I was up only 3 lbs when weighed by the nurse. According to them that's only 9lbs total gain! (In reality, I know it's slightly more.) I go for my 1 hour glucose test in a couple weeks. Then I have a regular appt. at 25 weeks.

In other news, I have been sick with a nasty cold this week, but thankfully my excitement has completely put the sickness in the back of my mind. When I should have been exhausted, I was bursting with energy. I was feeling better yesterday but that seems to have stalled and I feel worse today. The worst part is that my head is so congested and my ears are so plugged. There is so much pressure and everything sounds echoey. I hate it. I might be heading to the doc tomorrow if I can get in after school.

Yesterday Corey picked up the crib, changing table, and glider from my SIL and BIL. I'm so beyond thrilled! We also bought a dresser today. The bedding I ordered should be in this week. Once it gets here we'll pick a paint color and hopefully get started soon. Corey has to finish spackling where the air conditioner was first though. Here is a picture of the bedding:

Finally, onto the survey! Belly pics and pictures of Andrew to follow!

How far along? 21 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: +11
How much does baby weigh? *I added this in here this week* 1 pound!
Symptoms: hungry, more energy, skin still breaking out, mild constipation, restless legs at night, LOTS of movement, occasional back aches
Maternity clothes? Pretty much all maternity now except a few tops.
Stretch marks? nope
Sleep: Not the best this week but it was probably a combination of being sick and being way too excited. I woke up between 2:30-3:30 3 days this week and couldn't fall back to sleep. Ugh.
Best moment this week: See above! But the absolute best was seeing Corey's face when the u/s tech said BOY! :)
Food cravings: nothing really. I still am eating a ton of clementines and other fruit.
Gender: BOY!!! YAY!
Labor signs: not yet
Belly Button - in or out? still in but stretching out and getting shallow.
What I miss: sleeping on my back.
What I am looking forward to: getting Andrew's room ready
Milestones: find out we have a healthy little boy!

21w1d: please excuse the weird smile.. not feeling that great today!



Our little Andrew!


His hands are up at his mouth

Proving Andrew is a he!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you look so cute! Congrats on your chunky boy monkey :D

Jessica said...

I love the bedding!! I hope you feel better soon.

Carly said...

i love the bedding and what great u/s pics!!! I wish i had a money shot pic sealed away somewhere. And B measured 7lb at 36 weeks, he was born at 40w4days at 7lb 4oz, so don't get too scared by size predictions!

Lindsay said...

Love that bedding!! You're looking great!

Lil'Misa said...

I love the bedding! Of course you are looking fabulous! =)

Lindsay said...

Glad you had such an awesome week! And I love the bedding and sonogram pics :)

flojat said...

Congratulations on your little boy! I love the bedding you picked out.