Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, March 22, 2010

23 weeks!

The weather has been GORGEOUS this week and just makes me ready for Spring to take over completely! I even bought some new springy clothes in preparation for the nicer weather. Overall it was a good week, and I feel like I am back to my healthy self. Hopefully that is my last cold/illness for the remainder of this pregnancy! I have a call in to my doc to check on allergy medicines because I want to get started before they attack me.

I feel like I had a big growth spurt this week. I'm afraid I'm getting too big too fast, but people are telling me I don't look big. I don't know if they are just trying to be polite though. :) I have noticed that it is getting harder to move around like I use to, especially if I'm sitting on the floor and try to stand. It's all worth it though!

We are making headway on Andrew's room and I couldn't be more excited! Corey painted the first coat yesterday and will hopefully be able to do another one sometime this week if he's not too busy. I built Andrew's dresser, which took me 3.5 hours! I messed up a few times and wanted to cry at least once. Corey had to come to my rescue! I have a wonderful blister on my hand from all the screws and nails. So much fun!

Survey time!

How far along? 23 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: +14 :(
Symptoms: hungry, more energy, skin worse again, mild constipation, restless legs at night, LOTS of movement, occasional back aches, getting harder to move in "normal" ways!
Maternity clothes? All maternity now except a few tops.
Stretch marks? ::sigh:: I've got the beginnings of an ugly one right under my belly button. It's really stretched out right there so it's only a matter of time.
Sleep: slept great again this week! It's getting harder to get up in the morning though.
Best moment this week: Working on Andrew's room!
Food cravings: Anything sweet has been sounding really good this week. Oh and Salt and Vinegar chips thanks to my brother!
Gender: BOY!!!
Labor signs: not yet
Belly Button - in or out? still in but stretching out and getting shallower and shallower.
What I miss: sleeping on my back
What I am looking forward to: 24 weeks for V-day!
Milestones: continuing to get "stranger" comments!

Before my belly pics here I am on Saturday enjoying the beautiful weather. Notice the wide open bag of S&V chips! Oops :) PS - I REALLY need some color!



In honor of Syracuse winning their first 2 rounds in the NCAA tourney, I'm sporting their gear. I also had to find a new backdrop because Andrew's furniture has taken over our living room.





7 comments:

Jessica said...

You look great!

I can't wait to see Andrew's room!

flojat said...

You look terrific, hun!!!

gringa78 said...

You have a perfect little belly!! Adorable!!

Carly said...

you don't look big! you don't look small! you look 23 weeks pregnant and perfect

Amy said...

you look totally cute! :)

Lil'Misa said...

I'm glad you are feeling good. :) I can't wait to see Andrew's room!!

Shannon said...

Hi! Love the new belly pics, so cute!

I have a Medela Pump In Style Advanced and love it. I ended up buying after I was home for a week and Josh would not latch on. My suggestion is to:

1. See how much it is to rent one. At my hospital, it was $70 per month. It cost me $280 to buy one and since my goal is a minimum of 4 months breastfeeding, I knew it made sense to buy it

2. Find out how portable the hospital grade pump is. I now forget which one I would have rented but it wasnt super portable and since I was going back to work (and pumping in my car- I will post on that more so you can hear how fun it is) I wanted something I could just carry around. The PISA is good for that.