BFing update: I hope I'm not jinxing anything, but things are going much better. I still cannot pinpoint exactly what the problem was, but I think it was a combination of several issues. No matter what it was, it seems to slowly be working itself out. For the past few days I've successfully BF Andrew without giving any bottles (besides Monday when we went out to dinner for Corey's birthday but that was by choice). There has been a little bit of fussiness when Andrew wants to switch sides but no crying or screaming. He has totally cut his nursing time in half - he used to eat 10-15 min per side and now is eating 5-10 per side. I'm fine with that if he is getting enough. One thing I have been watching is his pee/poop output since that's really the only way I can tell if he's getting enough besides his behavior, which isn't totally reliable. He has tons of pee/poopy diapers so that makes me feel good. I'll know on 11/10 if he's gaining weight or not, so until then I have to trust my body and my instincts that I'm feeding Andrew enough. Oh, as a side note I just started taking Fenugreek to increase my supply in case that was an issue. I notice that I produce an ounce more when I get up a 1am to pump (yeah, yuck!) but other than that I don't know because I only pump that one time unless I give a bottle. We'll see!
Now here's my cutie:
In his "bear" suit
Smiling at his silly mama
Enjoying tummy time again!
Still a little unsure with the bumbo
LOVE this pic of Corey, Lucy and Andrew
See how high I can lift my head?
(PS - check out those bright blue eyes!)
(PS - check out those bright blue eyes!)
I know this pic is blurry but I love it! This is Andrew's new smile when I'm being a goof ball, which is all the time! Anything to make my boy smile!

2 comments:
Such cute pictures!! And that one of him cracking up at you is priceless! Glad to hear BF'ing is going better :)
Glad the BF'ing is going well!!
Post a Comment