Anyway, this past month went faster than any other month. Seriously, 5 months?! What is going on? I'm going to stop blabbing and get right onto what Andrew is doing at 5 months.
Here we go....
- Weight: 13lbs 13 oz (he is SUCH a peanut!) Length: 25.75 inches
- Wears size 2 diapers
- Wears 3-6 month or 6 month clothes. Onesies and shirts are so wide because he is super skinny but the pants are just right or sometimes short because he's a decent length.
- Sleeping SO much better now (knock on wood) - falls asleep on his own (after a bout with CIO) around 7:30 and wakes somewhere between 5:30/6.
- Naps are better as well. He has 3-4 naps per day usually around 45 min each but he'll take one that is between 1.5-2 hours and that's in his crib! He was never napping longer than 45 min in the crib so that's a huge accomplishment.
- Eating habits are ok. He still gets fussy at the breast but has been better. I feel like he eats SO quick and not enough, but I really don't know! If I give him a bottle he devours it and acts like he wants more. But if I give him more he spits up all over.
- LOVES solids!! We started on rice cereal but that gave him a mild diaper rash so we switched to oatmeal. He also has had avocado, sweet potatoes, prunes, pears, and chicken. He loves them ALL. He whines when there's no more. (side note: normally I'd give him more food if he was hungry but right now solids are only for getting used to tastes and textures.)
- Still only rolls from front to back but will roll onto his side from his back. I don't think he has any interest in being on his belly!
- Wants to sit up SO BAD! When he is flat on his back he will lift his head (think sit-ups!). If I hold his hands he will pull himself up to a sitting position. He can sit for mere seconds leaning a bit forward before toppling over. This is new as of yesterday.
- Found his feet and loves to grab them (stay tuned for pics!)
- Recently started cuddling with me! He's always wanted to hold his head up and away from me so he can look around. Now he'll rest his head on my shoulder or chest. I just love it!
- Laughs out loud quite often. It's always AT someone making him laugh.
- Loves to grab for the remote and cell phone. What a male!
- Blows raspberries! It's funny because he usually only does it when he's getting upset. It's replaced his pouty lip. Makes us laugh though!
- Wants to be held all the time anymore! Cries if you put him down so I often have to distract him.
- Still loves being sung to, talked to, read to. Just pay him attention and he's happy!
- Grabs at everything and tries to put it all in his mouth.
- Still loves his pacifier but spits it out when he falls asleep.
5 months!
And then he found his feet...
"What are these?!"
"My FEET!"
"This is fun!"
Loved how he lounged with his leg over the hippo!
Now starts some pictures from the last month:
Oh, hi!
LOVES bath time!
Thanksgiving dinner at my IL's. He sat in his bumbo on the table!
Eating chicken for the first time. Love how wide he opens his mouth and the spoon isn't anywhere near him! Too funny!
Packed in the car to get our Christmas tree!

6 comments:
What a cutie! And such cute little feet! And a veer sweet smile!
Oh my goodness, he's just too cute for words!
Well, I seriously almost emailed you to be sure all was well! I guess life just has us both super busy. So glad to read that things are going well! I love how he was the center of attention at Thanksgiving in his Bumbo! :) And the pictures of him "finding" his feet just kill me! So cute!
Thanks for your note yesterday...I'm encouraged to know that you didn't have a birth plan either because I was feeling like I was the only one that didn't :) And maybe I will have J install the car seat ASAP hoping it will make me go into labor like it did you :)
Oh, and I registered for that playmat thing you have that you recommended and my SIL got it for me yesterday - yeah! Thanks so much for the suggestion.
Enough for my novel! Have a wonderful weekend!
Awww, look at those pics. Im glad he likes the Bumbo, he is so cute in it. Happy 5 months Andrew!
The bath time picture is my fav!! soo cute!
He is beautiful!! I love the feet pictures, hahah!
Post a Comment