Tomorrow is my last day of maternity leave (well, besides the weekend). I cannot believe the time has come for me to return to work. I've been dreading this day and trying not to think about it. Unfortunately I've had to think about it the past few weeks because I've had to start preparing some lessons and activities since I am a teacher and can't just wing it.
I have to be honest and say that I've had A LOT of anxiety over returning to work. I've cried, I've whined, I've begged and pleaded to Corey to let me stay home for the rest of the year. We got in many arguments until I finally accepted that I have to go back to work.
I went in on Tuesday afternoon to meet my students and pick up a few things. In all honesty it was not that bad. I left Andrew with my MIL and started tearing up as I was pulling out of the driveway. I was all anxious during my 30 minute drive to school. But when I went in there I swear a little moment of excitement escaped me. My students were so excited to see me and kept sneaking glances at me during their lesson. Lots of teachers stopped by to say hello and tell me how much they've missed me. I've learned that my 6th grade team has really missed me or maybe just my organization. Ha!
I've started supplementing with formula because I'm nervous about pumping at work. I only have one time (11am) during the day that I can pump then I can pump again after school, but I know that my supply is going to take a major hit. I wanted to be prepared and make sure Andrew would take formula if necessary. It's going really well so far. I may be done with BFing by January if pumping is too much for me to take on. We'll see.
So, as of Monday, I will be waking up at 5am (if Andrew hasn't already woken me up since he's been going through a 4:30 am wake up thing now - ugh) and frantically getting myself and Andrew ready to go. Corey really has to step up now because he will be dropping off Andrew to my MIL next week and then starting in January 3 out of the 5 days. He has to get up a lot earlier than he used to since I have to leave around 6:30am.
Wish me luck and say a few prayers for me! I plan to enjoy our last Friday and weekend together as much as I possibly can.
Meet the kids!
13 years ago

2 comments:
Good Luck!
You will be fine. The first few days will be the hardest but then you will get in the swing of things.
I also could only pump at 11am. I had 11am prep, 11:40 lunch so I usually pumped at 11:20 to give me time to clean up and pick up my students to drop them off at lunch. I was able to pump for two full months. My supply slowly dropped and I stopped bring the bump to work in June and was fully weaned by father's day.
I'm sure your co-workers are ready to have you back.
I hope all goes well.
I WILL be thinking of you. It seems really weird to me that you are starting back to work the week of Christmas... does your school do the year-round school schedule? Just wondering :) Sending lots of (((HUGS))) your way!! You can do it :)
Post a Comment