Can you believe you're getting two posts from me in ONE week? I know, I'm shocked myself!
I wanted to update on my last post about the new routine I was trying. Well, it was pretty much a FAIL. He still spit up the same amount and just seemed extra hungry in the middle of the day. I noticed that when he doesn't have solids after a bottle, he tends to want his next bottle sooner. Since he gets 3 solid meals a day, there is one time when he goes without the solids (besides at bedtime). So that made it difficult.
Something new I just tried yesterday was naps with NO Magic Sleepsuit. Andrew has been in the sleepsuit since 3 months. We stopped swaddling him and put him in this because we knew he couldn't handle sleeping with nothing to help his flailing arms and legs. It has been wonderful. (Have I posted about it before? I can't remember.....) So at 6 months he outgrew the one he was in, so I ordered the next (and last) size. Since I knew he'd have to be out of it when he outgrew this suit, I started thinking of when I want to wean him of it. I decided 9 months since I have a week off for break, and if he has a hard time sleeping then at least I could be up with him and take naps during the day. Well, on a whim I decided to try yesterday for naps since I was home on a snow day. He did GREAT! It took awhile longer for him to fall asleep, but I was ok with it. His 1st nap lasted an hour and a half (his average is 45 min!) and the 2nd nap lasted an hour. He wouldn't take a 3rd nap, but I'm not sure I can blame that on the MSS. I tried putting him down later and he just wasn't having it. So far today he is on his 2nd nap without the suit. YAY! It will still be awhile before we try it at night without the suit but at least we are making progress.
Finally, Corey and I decided we are calling the pedi on Monday about Andrew's spitting up. While it used to only be spitting up, he is now coughing/gagging while drinking his bottles, his breath and spit up smell sour, and he's starting to pull away from the bottle, turn his head from side to side and make angry crying noises. I just don't think he is a "happy spitter" anymore. I hate to put him on meds but if he is in pain, something needs to be done. The spitting has only gotten worse and not any better. I will update on that in my next post.
Meet the kids!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment