Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, February 18, 2011

7 months!

*Note: I started this post over a week ago. ::sigh:: I tried...

Was my last post REALLY his 6 month update? Ugh, I haven't gotten any better about posting. I really need to work on that because this blog is really my record of Andrew and all of the things he is doing. I've really slacked on his baby book as well.

Anyway, I'll do my usual "what is Andrew up to" and post a bunch of pictures. But before that, a little update on life in general. Time is just flying. I'm getting used to being back at work but I still miss Andrew terribly. It helps that I had a week with 2 snow days and a few days with 2 hour delays so I've relished in the extra time with my little buddy. Last week my MIL got sick so she wasn't able to watch Andrew 2 out of 3 of the days she usually does. This is where I'm so thankful to have a sitter we LOVE and can help out at a moment's notice. She took Andrew basically all week and it was great. While Andrew is super happy there, the sitter doesn't follow my schedule. It's annoying but I don't know what else to do. I'll have to post more about that sometime. The bad news is that Andrew got sick for the first time. I know he needs to get sick to build his immune system but man, I hate seeing him miserable. His fever over the weekend almost reached 103, and he's got a runny nose and just seems unhappy. I was up with him about 15 times several nights. Of course then I got sick and am only now starting to feel better. It's been a rough week.

Ok onto Andrew...

At 7 months...




  • Weighs about 17.5 lbs (might be closer to 18) and is able 27.5 inches long

  • wears size 3 diapers and size 3 overnight diapers (love those things!)

  • wears 6-9 and 6-12 month clothes. Some of the 6-12 fit perfectly and others are a tad big.

  • sleep is all over the place... He still goes down GREAT but doesn't always STTN anymore. He went through a wicked growth spurt for 2 weeks where he woke around midnight and 4am for a bottle. Then went back to STTN from about 7:15-5ish. Now he's back up around 11-12 for a bottle and again anywhere between 4-6. (I think this is a combo of teething and being sick).

  • has about 5 5-6oz (formula) bottles a day, although now he's added an extra bottle in overnight.

  • has 3 meals of solids a day of about 3-4oz each time. He's a little piggy.

  • loves puffs, bites of banana and avocado.

  • still spits up a whole lot. I was hoping (in a weird way) that it was my breastmilk, like the pedi said it could be, but nope, he still spits up as much if not more now that he's on formula

  • Naps very well for the sitter and my MIL. Usually around 2-3 naps a day (depending on length) and he will cat nap for me when we get home from the sitters/my MILs.

  • is very vocal and loves hearing his own voice.

  • flirts with EVERYONE!

  • will reach for us when he wants to be picked up

  • sits up so well now. We still put pillows behind him but he is doing great!

  • loves to practice standing

  • still hates tummy time and will only tolerate it for a few minutes before rolling over.

  • can now put his pacifier back in his mouth most of the time. He can't do it at night either because he can't find it or because of the Magic Sleepsuit he is still in.

  • favorite toys: ball popper, small blue rattle, crawl ball, a spinning leapfrog wheel thing, exersaucer, mini elmo radio, leap frog maracas

  • still loves when I sing to him. (You Are My Sunshine, Ba Ba Blacksheep, Do Your Ears Hang Low, BINGO, Old MacDonald)

  • finally getting some hair! It's very fine and light colored. My guess is that it will either be dirty blond or light brown. I'd love a little blondie like myself. :)

  • does really well in the car now and often falls asleep. Otherwise, he just looks all around.

  • LOVES dogs! His sitter has 3 big dogs and he just squeals and laughs at them. He'll smile and reach out for our little Lucy too. He also loves my parents 2 dogs.

Picture time!


7 months!

He'd rather sit up and not lean back anymore.


" Oh hello Mr. Hippo!"


"I think I'll grab him...""May I eat you?"
Cheesin'
Having a grand ol' time
A semi-smile
"ARGH!"
He loves to practice standing

LOL


Love this pic of Andrew and Corey He's been flirting with me during dinner. He'll tilt his head to the side and just beam at me. So cute!
My lil peanut!
"oops!"

How cute is this outfit?

One of my favorite pics ever! :)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh, Amy - he is so adorable! I'm so glad that you got some extra lovin' time with him because of the snow days. I would love to hear about the schedule that you have him on (in all your spare time to share it of course - ha!) Take care, Lindsay

Jessica said...

Glad you have been able to spend extra time with Andrew because of the weather.

I love the last picture too!