Haven't done one of these in forever but thought of several things as I was typing up Andrew's 11 month post!
- Andrew gets so excited to take a bath. He normally hates being laid down on the changing table, but when he either sees the towel laying there or sees me get the towel, he starts kicking his legs and smiling.
- After I take him out of the bath, I lay him on the towel on the floor. Then I take a deep (loud) breath in and sing, "Shake, shake, shake! shake shake shake! shake your booty!" while I dry him off. He gets the biggest, goofiest grin. I've been doing that since he was super tiny, and he expects it after every bath.
- Every morning for the past 2 weeks or so, Andrew will bee-line for the door as soon as I set him on the floor after changing and dressing him for the day. Where does he go? Immediately to our bedroom door. He then pushes it open a tiny bit, sees Corey in bed, and then shoves it open the rest of the way and crawls right to him. It is the sweetest thing in the world. Corey hates getting up in the morning but he immediately jumps out of bed when he sees his little boy.
- After I feed Andrew his bottles (always in the glider in his bedroom), I set the empty bottle on the changing table. He looks at the bottle then me and smiles up a storm. I always tell him "good boy!" because he never takes bottles from other people so I'm worried he'll do the same for me.
- While I'm giving Andrew his bottle (he's never held his own), I love looking at his little feet that are crossed and seeing that my feet, propped on the ottoman, are crossed the exact same way.
- I always take a shower at night before Andrew's bedtime routine. I love coming downstairs (or wherever Corey and Andrew are) and seeing Andrew's face light up when he sees me. He also now "sprint" crawls to me.
And finally......
- I never, ever want to forget how my heart is just bursting with love for this boy. I never, ever want to stop giving him kisses and hugs and telling him I love him. I always, always want him to feel special and loved.
2 comments:
Now I have that song in my head! May have to sing it to Lillian tonight!!
I agree - you DO NOT want to forget any of these sweet memories. I can't believe he is almost one year old! He is so sweet!!
Post a Comment