So, I dropped the bomb on an all picture post... oops. I will not let myself publish this post until I upload pictures!
Here we are at 19 months. Each month is flying faster than the last and Andrew is changing more than ever! He is growing up so fast and getting smarter by the day. I never thought I could love a child so much. He is such a wonderful little boy and a gift from God.
Anyway, I'll get right on to the update:
At 19 months, Andrew...
- weighs around 31 lbs (don't think he gained any weight this month) and is about 34.5 inches tall
- still in size 5 diapers (day and night) but we are ready to switch him to 6 at night
- mostly 18-24 month pants, but some 2T (Old Navy) and all 2T shirts; 2T jammies too!
- size 6 shoe
- decreased his intake of milk... usually between 20-24oz; some days more, some less
- starting to get picky again with his food - basically wants the same things over and over!
- favorite foods include: any kind of fruit (still - he'd live off of fruit if I let him!), Mexican food!, anything with ketchup, pasta, carrots (yes!), just started liking scrambled eggs again
- still attempting to use a spoon but it's SO messy.. prefers to use his hands
- 1 nap - goes down around noon and will sleep til 3 or 4 (at home) sleeps less at the sitter's house and MIL's
- bedtime is still 7ish and wakes around 6 (weekdays) or 6:30 (weekends); lately has been crying when I put him down but it's very short-lived
- still has his pacifier at naptime and bedtime but is so good about giving it to me when he wakes (I used to have to take it from him and he'd cry if he wasn't distracted by his milk)
- still in his Halo sleepsack for naptime and bedtime because he'll never keep a blanket on him!
- has 12 teeth but between 2-4 on the way. Poor kid has been miserable off and on the past 2 weeks. Took him to pedi to check his ears but he thinks it's just teeth (saw 2 white dots but not pushed through)
- talking remains the same although we SWEAR he'll say something we ask him too but super quiet and he'll never repeat it. It's almost like he's unsure of himself. Last night he said "ba ba" - what we call his paci and he seemed shocked at what he said. He repeated it a couple more times but that's it. His comprehension is excellent. He listens so well and will often do exactly what I ask him. I feel like I don't have to over-emphasize or exaggerate what I'm asking. He seems to get it completely! **update - a few days after I wrote this, Andrew started saying "stuck" it's the funniest thing! Now he'll also say "socks" (because I think it's like stuck) LOL
- is SO quick. He runs and just zooms on by.
- is obsessed with heating vents/radiators and plugs/outlets. He points them out 29348732 times a day and acts more excited each time he does. Funny but gets old quickly.
- is also obsessed with his nightlight. He always loved it and stared at it but his old one died so I got a new (different) one. He'll run to me and drag me to his room just to point it out. I play along and yell, " A NIGHT LIGHT!" like it's the first time he's shown me. He thinks it's hilarious.
- loves to stack cups and blocks
- loves to put his snacks (cheerios, goldfish, puffs, etc.) in his little stacking cups and pour them from cup to cup. He'll do this forever!
- still very helpful and will do what we ask (with exception, of course.)
- picks up on things if I deviate from routine even if it wasn't something I knew WAS a routine. For example, at dinner I always fill mine and Corey's water glasses. As soon as I start to do mine, he'll point at Corey's cup so that I fill his too or will remind me if I forget.
- has been so good about getting a diaper change. I tell him I need to change his diaper and to grab a book and lay down. He does exactly what I ask! Sure, he'll squirm once I start changing him, but he listens!
- speaking of squirming, he is such a wiggle worm when dressing him, changing his diaper, putting on lotion, etc. It's very tough because now he's exclusively on the floor - he doesn't fit on the changing table anymore - too long. Actually he hasn't for quite awhile....
- loves to sit on my lap - wiggles a lot but is very content to sit there and play. He has to keep busy of course.
- got his first haircut a couple weeks ago! A picture is below!
- will hold my hand if I ask him to
- always wants Mommy when he's upset or hurt. Corey will hold him but he'll immediately point or reach for me. Corey always says he wants me but blames him. lol
- loves to flush the toliet
- has learned how to climb on chairs and the couch - gotta REALLY keep an eye on him!
- slides down steps on his butt and does very well with it!
- climbs up Lucy's pet stairs to get on our bed
- can climb up on the couch (sometimes) and a chair we have in the living room - YIKES!
- puts his hands on his head when we say, "Oh No!" (Corey taught him that)
Now for lots of pictures!!
 |
| Gross but funny. This is how Andrew gives Lucy kisses. |
 |
| All dressed up and ready to go out in the snow (the one snow storm we got all year!) |
 |
| Not sure what to think of the snow! |
 |
| Now he's happy! |
 |
| Trying out the snow tube! |
 |
| Sledding for the first time with Mommy! |
 |
| I adore his smile! |
 |
| Check out those curls! |
 |
| Trying to change the TV channel! |
 |
| First haircut! |
 |
| NOT a fan! |
 |
| Mommy cuddles make everything better :) |
 |
| No more curls! |
 |
| Superbowl! |
 |
| Feeding Lucy! |
 |
| This big boy learned how to climb up on the chair by himself! |
 |
| Static hair! |
 |
| loves to weigh himself LOL |
 |
| Brushing his teeth |
 |
| "Oh no!" |
 |
| Happy with Daddy! |
 |
| running down the hall! |
1 comment:
He's so cute!
Post a Comment