Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, February 13, 2010

18 weeks!

I had a pretty good week that included a snow day, so I'll definitely take that! M/S has completely disappeared this week - woohoo! I hope it's gone for good.

I had a minor freak out session on Thursday when I listened to a voicemail from a nurse at my OB's office. She didn't say much - just to call her, but I think that's what worried me. Of course I assumed the worst. I figured it was regarding my AFP testing (a blood test that looks for genetic disorders such as Down's Syndrome). I tried calling back and got her voicemail. So my wonderful husband offered to call since I can't take a call on my cell while I'm teaching. He left a message for the nurse and she called him back. AFP came back negative! Thank God! We also found out that Corey's blood type is A+ and since I'm A- I will need the Rhogam shot at 28 weeks and probably after birth as well. I already kinda figured this so it wasn't a surprise.

This morning my mom and I went to Babies R Us to start getting an idea of things I want. Holy overwhelming! It actually wasn't too bad until I got to the stroller section. I knew I'd be overwhelmed here because I can't decide what I want - a travel system or snap and go. I'm leaning towards a travel system though, so we spent a lot of time looking at them. I narrowed it down to 4, but 2 of them are the same brand and really similar so it's mostly just the fabric/pattern. Then I came home and researched them online and found bad reviews on my favorite system. Ahhh! I'm so confused! I think I will take Corey with me and see what his initial reactions are. Thankfully we still have a good amount of time to think this through.

Survey time!


How far along? 18 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: +8 at least... I ate horrible this week!
Symptoms: hungry, tired, breakouts are back :(, dull headaches, constipation, mood swings, restless legs at night, starting to feel RLP (round ligament pain).
Maternity clothes? All maternity pants now. I still wear my pre-preg tops but even they are getting tighter.
Stretch marks? nope
Sleep: I love our new mattress! I slept without the snoogle this week because my neck was hurting when I'd wake up. It was much better, however, I did keep waking up on my back.
Best moment this week: feeling my LO kicking away! It's still not that strong but stronger than the taps I was feeling the previous couple weeks. Also finding out the negative results to the AFP.
Food cravings: brown sugar poptarts - I need to lay off those!
Gender: we find out on 3/3! Boy thoughts were popping into my head this week! I think because we are pretty set on a girl name but not even close on a boy name. Haha.
Labor signs: not yet
Belly Button - in or out? in but getting really stretched out!
What I miss: lunchmeat and sleeping on my back.
What I am looking forward to: finding out whether Baby G is a boy or girl!
Milestones: starting to shop for baby items! And completing month 4!


Belly Pics - 18 weeks

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Glad the tests came back negative and the baby is healthy. I can't wait to hear about the gender!!

Mary said...

Glad everything came back okay. Just remember with the reviews - 90% of people post something when they have something to complain about. When people like something, they forget to share. hehehe.

Glad the m/s is gone for you, too! Lucky girl!

Lil'Misa said...

Looking great!

We have the Chicco Travel System and love it! It has the best safety reviews. My friend has it and when I was pregnant she let me "test drive" it with her son. I was sold when I experienced how easy it was to use and not too heavy (her son was 12lbs at the time). Good Luck with the search. Remember that Baby Bargains is your best friend when you start to register.

Lindsay said...

Glad everything is going so well! Have fun registering!

Carly said...

i can't believe you are already 18 weeks- and looking FANTASTIC!!

Tina said...

Looking great! I can't believe you are already 18 weeks along! It's flying by!

Can't wait to see if it's a boy or girl!

Shannon said...

Glad everything is looking good. Your bump is so cute!