Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, February 27, 2010

20 weeks! lots of pics & a video!

Wow! I'm halfway through with this pregnancy! It's crazy and totally surreal. I'm so happy to be at this point and to have made it this far.

It's been a GREAT week! I had TWO snow days - Thursday and Friday, which made for a 4 day weekend. Lucky me! We got probably close to 18 inches of snow, most of which came on Thursday. I felt a little lazy not shoveling, but it was really heavy snow and I didn't want to do anything to risk hurting myself or the baby. Pictures of the snow are towards the bottom. I also felt really good this week - no headaches and I'm not quite as tired. So nice! I'm feeling LO move A LOT now. I even felt him/her from the outside for the first time! Corey hasn't felt it yet but I'm sure it will be soon.

We made a couple more baby purchases including our pack n' play (Graco Element):

and a closet system for the baby's room. I don't have a pic of that yet because it's really just pieces. Of course once we assemble it I will take a picture. Corey started working on the nursery today. The biggest thing we needed to tackle before anything else was getting rid of the horrendous air conditioning unit that was built into the wall. It wasn't easy to take out, and of course once it was out we were left with a big hole in the wall (leading outside) so that had to be patched right away since it's about 30 degrees outside! I did take some pictures but I'm going to save them for an upcoming post of before pics of the nursery. Also my in-laws bought us our travel system today! I'm SO excited. We decided upon the Chicco Cortina (with the Keyfit car seat) in Discovery.




Now onto the survey:
How far along? 20 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: +10 My goal was to not gain more than 10 in the first 20 weeks, which I accomplished.
Symptoms: hungry, less tired, still a few breakouts but a better week, mild constipation, mood swings, restless legs at night, LOTS of movement
Maternity clothes? Pretty much all maternity now except a few tops.
Stretch marks? thought I spied one the other day but was just an elastic mark from my pants
Sleep: I don't seem as tired so I must be getting enough sleep!
Best moment this week: So many - feeling my LO kick from the outside, the new baby purchases, and an unexpected 4 day weekend. Oh and I caved and had a COLD Wegman's turkey sub. It was SO worth it!
Food cravings: twizzlers! very random!
Gender: As convinced as I have been that it's a girl, out of the blue this week I've had major boy feelings. We will see in just 4 days! AHH!
Labor signs: not yet
Belly Button - in or out? still in but stretching out and getting shallow.
What I miss: sleeping on my back.
What I am looking forward to: WEDNESDAY!!
Milestones: making it halfway through this pregnancy and feeling the baby's kicks from the outside.
Lots of pictures:
20w




Snow on our deck.. hard to see but those drifts were over 3ft high!

Corey and Lucy outside playing in the snow

Me modeling the car seat (and base)


I wanted to push this all over the house lol



I made Corey pose with it even though he didn't want to :)
And a video of Lucy and Corey playing in the snow!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

You look great! I love that you made your hubby pose :) I would totally do that too! Only 4 more days? That is awesome!

Mary said...

Congrats on making it half way!!!

I love all the pics! And, way to go on the sandwich, if you're going to have one Wegman's is the way to go!

Can't wait until Wednesday!

Lil'Misa said...

omg look at that super cute baby bump!! You grew a lot this week. YAY! I can't believe you are half way there already, wow this is going so fast!

We have that stroller travel system in Cortina and LOVE IT!

Carly said...

I cannot believe you are over halfway now! I can't wait to find out- I say girl :) Looks like you got some snow finally, hope you enjoyed it!

Lindsay said...

You're looking great!! I love all the picts and the video of Lucy playing in the snow ;-)