First, I had my monthly appt. this morning and everything went great! I gained 4 lbs in 5 weeks, which the nurse and doc were thrilled about. Andrew's heart rate was 133, which is lower than it has been. I joked that now that we know he is a boy he isn't teasing us any more (meaning that based on the OWT of boy's having heart rates below 140). I just love hearing that sound! I have to go for my Rhogam shot at 28 weeks, so not much longer. She also let me know that my next appt would be my last monthly then I start going every 2 weeks! Wow! Time is flying! I was thrilled to hear that I will get an u/s at my next appt. as well. My mom asked if she could come, so she gets to see Andrew! Yay! Oh, and they didn't have the results for my 1 hour glucose test so the nurse said she'd call me. I really hope I passed!
On another note, I've been doing a lot of thinking and reflecting over the past couple days. Last year at this time I was just starting my infertility testing. I was at my lowest point in my TTC journey and just hurting so much for the baby I desired so badly. On the flip side, my first EDD would have been this week if I hadn't miscarried. I am so thankful that I am pregnant with Andrew right now because otherwise I know this would be very tough on me. I'm still sad to think that I have an angel baby that I never got to meet, but I also know that I can't dwell on the past. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason even if I never know that reason. I try to stay positive and think that now we have this angel baby to watch over us. It's just amazing of what can happen in a year - thinking I'd never get pregnant and undergoing testing to see what was wrong, getting pregnant and losing that baby shortly after, getting pregnant again and here I am 25.5 weeks along and everything is going so well so far. Amazing.
Meet the kids!
13 years ago

2 comments:
Glad everything is going so well!
YAY for another ultrasound! Appointments moving to every 2 weeks is another milestone (IMO) because you're getting even closer!!!
Post a Comment