So like I said above, I am just loving this time with Andrew right now. He is really growing up! Remember when I said I thought Andrew was an unhappy baby? It broke my heart to say that and to see him like that everyday. But you know what? I think that was just Andrew being a brand new baby. He is so much different now! I wouldn't say he's the happiest baby in the world but he is definitely happier. And I've got pictures (lots) to prove it! At 5 weeks exactly Andrew gave me the BIGGEST smile ever. I seriously had tears in my eyes and almost started crying with happiness and excitement. I now spend every moment either a) trying to make Andrew smile or b) trying to capture said smile on camera. I've done much better with a than b, however, I did get a few pictures (shown below). Andrew is so much more alert now and is content to sit for longer periods of time on his own although he still likes me to be around and talking to him, which I love doing! He has taken to his swing again, which I'm thrilled about. He even surprised me and fell asleep in the swing a couple times this week. I can also now walk him in the stroller as opposed to constantly having to walk him in the Bjorn. I still do that sometimes but it's nice to be able to stare at his adorable face while walking the neighborhood. Another big milestone this week is that Andrew has put himself to sleep a couple of times. Once at night and a couple times during naps. I still rock and cuddle him for a few minutes, but I'll put him down drowsy but awake. He usually looks around for awhile and then falls asleep. One day I heard him over the monitor "talking" to himself so I peeked in and he was just looking around and babbling. 5 minutes later he was back to sleep. I love it!
Now just to paint an honest picture, Andrew is far from perfect. Yes he is MUCH better these days but he still has a scream that can seriously hurt your ears. The other night was a particularly fussy night (I think he is going through his 6 week growth spurt) and he was just screaming at the top of his lungs. Nothing that Corey and I tried would work. We hadn't heard that screaming since the first couple weeks. I finally fed him again and that settled him down and he was out for the night. I've come to finally accept that babies cry. I know that sounds silly because of course they do, but I always thought they cried because they need/want something or are hurt/in pain. Not always. Little Andrew just likes (or wants/needs) to cry sometimes. He needs to let off some steam. It's much easier now that I can accept that.
Ok now it's time to see my cutie patootie!
My SIL took some prof. pics when he was just a week old.

And another:

Trying out his Bumbo for the first time (don't worry, only for a couple minutes):
Sporting the Yankee hat much to Daddy's dismay
love those eyes!
Cheesin' for the camera
One of the first smiles I caught
Giving me the side eye LOL
There it is! CUTEST.SMILE.EVER!
"Oh yes, I'm adorable"
(side note: this outfit was supposed to be his coming home outfit and JUST fits now!) 
LOVE that smile!
LOVE that smile!
Ok not a smile but this little lip just KILLS me! I can't help but giggle!

5 comments:
omg, that last picture is to DIE for. He's going to give you that lip every TIME he wants something. hehe. He's really adorable.
He is so stinkin' CUTE!!!
That pout is just too much to handle! Precious!
I agree with the other Lindsay (who spells her name the RIGHT way) :) that last picture with him pouting is almost just too much. That would be so cute to frame!
omg- the lower lip just killed me! He is so cute and you are doing such a great job! I feel you on the control issues- I still try to control everything, and I can't, and I know it, but it's part of us and that's ok!
Post a Comment