1) I get so irritated at my MIL when she says Andrew is fussy. Yes, Andrew does have fussy times but when she is calling him "fussy" it's usually after he is just making noises or moving around. Andrew is a major wiggle worm and is very vocal. That's normal, not fussiness! She asks me, "How does he like to be held when he is fussy?" or the other day when we were walking, Andrew's pacifier fell out and he made a noise and she said immediately, "Uh oh, he's getting fussy!" I've really grown to hate that word! One time I actually said something about it (just that he wasn't be fussy) and she tried back tracking and covering herself. I really hate to complain about her because she is wonderful and she's going to be watching Andrew for 3 days a week when I go back to work, but man, I hope she stops that soon!
2) Corey drives me NUTS because he constantly thinks Andrew is hungry. Anytime Andrew is upset, crying, etc. he either asks me when the last time I fed him was or he'll just say, "I think he's hungry!" I get annoyed because obviously I'm the one that has to feed him (except when Corey gives him a bottle once a day) and I feel like he's just trying to get out of comforting or watching Andrew. The other night I was in the shower while Corey was watching him and Andrew was getting upset so I hear Corey walking up and down the hall outside the bathroom. Then I hear him say loudly to Andrew, "Aww I think you're hungry!" GRR! It was my 10 relaxing minutes I get in the shower. Instead I rushed so I could get through it and tend to Andrew. I finally told Corey that everytime Andrew makes a noise does not mean he is hungry.
Pheww.. ok I feel better now. :) I'm trying to get used to these things as best as I can. And since this was such a blah post, I'll post an adorable, happy picture!

5 comments:
Oh my! I'm sure that is frustrating! But you sure have super cute little one to cheer you up :)
Sounds very frustrating! But he is adorable so it makes it all worth it.
I can relate to both your rants! B was really young around the holidays and lost it at the inlaws a few times, b/c it was after bedtime. Now whenever they see him they ask if he's going to cry, or if he does whine or cry say things like 'that's the baby i know'. The kid is happy 98% of the time, it makes me want to punch them.
Eric was the same way as well with B. I really don't think it is manipulative, but a feeling of helplessness- he was always saying he's hungry no matter if he just finished eating if he couldn't figure out what was wrong right away. I think it is a natural male panic response
that smile is ADORABLE!
Hubby still thinks Carter is hungry anytime he cries. He is constantly asking me, "When was the last time he ate?" "Do you think he is hungry?" Grrrr ... no he isn't hungry after 30 minutes. Men, what do they know?
I can relate too, except it's my husband that thinks she's always fussy. She's a baby!! That's all! Yes she's fussy sometimes but every noise or whimper doesn't mean she's fussy. And rant # 2, boy oh boy can I relate...
LOVE the pic!!
Post a Comment