Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 6, 2010

4 weeks!

My little man is 4 weeks old! I cannot believe how fast time has been going! I can honestly say that things are definitely getting better, however, very gradually. The biggest and most wonderful thing of this past week is that Andrew has been sleeping in long stretches at night. This started on Wednesday, July 28th (the night before our 4th wedding anniversary). So Corey and I thought Andrew was just giving us a present because I got a 4 hour stretch of sleep. Well, he has continued that. Last night I fed him at 7:45 then we put him to bed (took about a half hour) then he slept until 2:30! Then went back down until 6:30 and again until 9:15! A few nights I've woken up worried because he was sleeping so long, so of course I had to run in his room and check on him. At first I was unsure whether I should wake him up to eat, but then I decided that he would let me know if he was hungry. Plus he's definitely gaining and thriving! We went to the Pedi. yesterday.


Here's his stats since birth:

Birth: 7lbs 14 oz - 20 inches
Leaving hospital: 7lbs 9oz
4 days old: 7lbs 11oz
2 weeks old: 8lbs 7oz - 21 inches
4 weeks old: 9lbs 6 oz (didn't measure length but Corey and I tried and estimate 22 inches)

Andrew is so much more alert now. He looks all around and tries to focus on different objects. He often goes cross-eyed while trying to focus (which I've read is normal, thankfully!) He is SO strong and lifts his head as much as he can. Often when we hold him over our shoulder he pulls back so he can lift his head and turn from side to side. His arms and legs are constantly moving, and his fingers are ALWAYS on his face. He just started to be able to put his fingers in his mouth but isn't coordinated enough to actually suck on his fingers. He LOVES being held and being worn in the Bjorn, but hates his car seat (bummer!). He also loves to sleep in his bouncy seat although I am trying to get him to sleep in his crib. He doesn't seem to like to be on his back, or it might be because he is not moving. He fights naps but when he is finally asleep he will sleep for a long time. When fighting naps he will scream for a few minutes, calm down, scream again, calm down - rinse, lather, repeat - for about 45 minutes. He eats like a champ and loves taking a bottle from Daddy. He's at about 4oz for his evening bottle. He is still in newborn clothes, although some are getting tight. However, 0-3 mos are just swimming on him. Also still wearing newborn diapers but we are getting ready to switch to size 1 as soon as the newborns are gone.

Now for a funny story before lots of pictures... Saturday night Andrew had his first diaper blowout and boy was it messy! He hadn't pooped for a day and a half so it shouldn't have come as a surprise. Corey was feeding Andrew a bottle while I was pumpng. Andrew was particularly active and kinda fussy during the feeding - just moving around a lot. After Andrew finished the bottle Corey stood up and started burping him. We both smelled something weird and Corey asked me if Andrew's back was wet. He happened to be wearing a white onesie. I looked up and saw brown starting to seep through the ENTIRE back of the onesie. I was like OMG and started laughing. Corey didn't know what to do, so I told him to bring him to his room and we'd do damage control. Well, he had pooped SO much that there was no way I could get his onesie over his head without getting poop all over him. So we cut his onesie off of him. Yes, we CUT it. While this is going on Andrew decides to poop some more, and pee on Corey's hands which then also hit the curtains. Corey runs to get the bath ready while I try to clean up as much as possible. I grab the naked baby and put him in the tub and we get him all nice and clean. The second I take him out, wrap him in a towel and warm him up, what does he do? PEES ON ME!! At this point Corey and I are just laughing. Amazingly Andrew was so calm through the entire adventure. He probably felt so much better getting all that bottled up poop out! :) That's a story to remember!


Now for some pictures!


Daddy feeding Andrew a bottle with Lucy always nearby



Hands ALWAYS by his face (or in his eyes)

Such a sweetie

Cross-eyed!

My cutie-patootie

He looks so long to me!

Tummy time!


Lucy supervising tummy time

Love him!

3 comments:

Lil'Misa said...

Carter hated his carseat too. We were so excited to finally move him into his convertible seat at 6 months, car rides have been much better. :)

I can't believe he is already 9 lbs, wow! He is getting to be a big boy.

He is adorable Amy! I love the last picture, his expression is too cute.

Jessica said...

I can't believe he is 1 month old already..he is so sweet!! I love the poop story!!

Lindsay said...

OMG, that is hysterical! Love all the pictures! He's so precious!