Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, January 16, 2010

14 weeks!

This week I officially entered 2nd Trimester! I was really excited for that, as that was the milestone I was trying to make it to for a long time. I've noticed a few changes this week: my m/s seems to be random again, with bouts of nausea happening most often after I eat breakfast. I seem to feel worse on the weekends, because I think I wait too long to eat in the morning, whereas during the week I am up at 5am and get food in my stomach pretty early. My emotions have seemed to be all over the place this week. One day I started worrying about something kinda silly (about breastfeeding) and I spent hours googling it. Luckily Corey was a sweetie and just listened to me when I told him my concerns and I felt much better after voicing them. Then I find myself crying over something silly (American Idol) and I can't seem to stop. And yesterday I found myself elated and imagining the baby here right now, holding him/her in my arms. Gotta love those hormones!


How far along? 14 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: +5 (all in 1st tri... I think that's ok?)
Symptoms: tired, random m/s, skin possibly getting better (please!), bloated, headaches off and on, sore boobs, slight constipation, emotional, feeling a lot of stretching and twinges in my ute area
Maternity clothes? Belly band every day! I have also wore the full panel (folded over) maternity jeans I got from Target a couple times. They are very big in the front and kinda saggy in the crotch but if I wear a long shirt you can't tell. They are SO comfy! I bought a ton of maternity clothes last weekend that I can't wait to wear!
Stretch marks? nope
Sleep:Still in bed by 9pm at the latest! Up 1-2 times to pee and many more times to change positions.
Best moment this week: Maternity clothes shopping, making it to 2nd Tri, when Corey kneeled on the ground and put his hands on my belly and leaned it and said to baby, "Little one, you will be a Met's fan!" LOL!! (PS- if you don't remember, I'm a HUGE Yankees fan so we have battles about this one!)
Food cravings: still clementines and cereal. Also bagels and Chinese food.
Gender: my mind is so torn right now! lol
Labor signs: not yet
Belly Button - in or out? in
What I miss: sleeping on my stomach
What I am looking forward to: just enjoying my pregnancy - I feel like I can start to enjoy it more because the early anxiety is lessening
Milestones: Making it to 2nd trimester!


I recruited Corey to start taking belly pics for me and so I can actually have a head in the photos. Baby or Bloat? What do you think?

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yay for 2nd try! You look so great!

Lil'Misa said...

congrats on making it to the 2nd tri :) yay!

you look like i did at 14 week ... so cute.

get ready for lots of random crying. also, 5 lbs the first tri is great!

gringa78 said...

Love that baby bump!!! you look beautiful! Welcome to 2nd tri!!

Mommy In Waiting said...

I'm a little jealous! You look so adorable with that baby bump! I'm 14 weeks too and I just look a little pudgy in my lower abs. Love this new blog by the way! 2nd Tri rocks!