Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, January 30, 2010

16 weeks!

This has been a roller coaster week as far as how I'm feeling physically. The week started off as they have in the past but by Wed. night I started getting a headache. That headache has not gone away, and I still have it right now. I used to get this exact headache before I was pregnant, which usually happened when I didn't drink enough water. I know that's not the case now because I drink a ton of water. After googling last night I figured out that these headaches are migraines. Yippee. Tylenol does nothing for it. I'll be talking to my doc about it on Wed. at my appt. so hopefully she has some suggestions. With the headache came pretty intense nausea and I even vomited a couple times. I'm not sure if it was due to the migraine or m/s. I even resorted to taking a zofran yesterday morning so I could get through work.

Ok, that's enough of the bad... I mentioned in my previous post about going to my SIL's so we could see all of the baby items she is offering us. I am SO excited about the crib and changing table! A couple other exciting things is that I am starting to feel lots of flutters and a "popping" sensation. I've heard this is the beginning feelings of movement! Yay! Also, my boobs have gotten bigger! lol! For me this is exciting because I'm pretty small to begin with so I was happy with the growth.
Here's the pictures of the crib and changing table. They were taken at my SIL's old house with her first daughter's bedding and things.


The other good thing this week - not baby related - is that we finally started our bathroom remodel. And it is a COMPLETE remodel. Corey tore out everything last weekend including the floor, drywall, and ceiling (and of course sink, tub, toliet, etc.) We hired a guy to do the rest (same guy who helped build our deck). So far we have the tub/shower put in, new sheetrock on the walls and ceilings (with the first layer of drywall started), new electric, and the tile on the floor is finished. Everything should be complete by next week. I am so excited. I'll post before and after pictures hopefully next week.

Now onto the survey...

How far along? 16 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: +7 (I guess I'm starting the pound a week in the 2nd tri. - ugh)
Symptoms: hungry, tired, still bouts of m/s, less breakouts on my face, headaches (migraine), sore boobs, constipation, emotional, restless legs at night, starting to feel flutters and "popping" in my belly!
Maternity clothes? Pretty much all maternity pants now. I tried my jeans with the belly band yesterday and it was SO annoying. I can still wear normal tops and sweaters.
Stretch marks? nope
Sleep: still really good this week! Just annoying to have to walk downstairs to pee in the middle of the night while our upstairs bathroom gets remodeled.
Best moment this week: Seeing our crib and changing table, making our first baby purchase, starting to feel the first feelings of movement!
Food cravings: I really, really, really want a cold turkey sub. :(
Gender: I'm going nuts not knowing. This week was back and forth...
Labor signs: not yet
Belly Button - in or out? in but getting really stretched out! so weird.
What I miss: lunchmeat!
What I am looking forward to: my appt. on Wed. and scheduling the big u/s! And for this migraine to go away!
Milestones: making the first baby purchase!

16 week belly pictures:

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

So exciting about the remodel! Hope you post picts when its all done!! Love the crib and the changing table, I want something very similar to that.

Lil'Misa said...

I love the crib and changing table!
I am sorry you are having horrible headaches. Hopefully you will get some answers soon.
Yay for movement! Woot Woot and it is just going to get better. :)

Lindsay said...

You look great!! Hope your migraines go away soon!