Wow, I really cannot believe I am 30 weeks! I'm 3/4 of the way done with this pregnancy! This past week flew, which was awesome because for some reason I was really looking forward to hitting 30 weeks. Mother's Day was really special since I got a few mother-to-be cards, and lots of Happy Mother's Day wishes. Corey also got me flowers from Andrew (picture below) and a really sweet card about how good of a mother he thinks I'll be. My mom also gave me a CD personalized with Andrew's name, so the songs all say his name! Very sweet!
I already updated about my appt. on Tuesday, but I learned something this weekend that really put Andrew's weight in perspective. Here I am expecting a monster baby, but my SIL told me that at 30 weeks during her first pregnancy she had an u/s and found that the baby weighed 3lbs 11oz (just like Andrew!) and her daughter ended up being 7lbs 9oz at birth - born one week early. Not monster AT ALL! So he really can "even out" over the next 10 weeks.
I'm starting to get more and more uncomfortable. I cannot slouch while sitting because my uterus and Andrew just dig into my ribs. I often have to push down (lightly of course) on the top of my belly to get temporary relief. At night I wake up more often to change positions because either my hips, back or legs are aching. It doesn't help that Corey and Lucy are totally crowding my space!
I did some shopping this weekend to start to buy some of the necessities that we still need for Andrew. I finally got some bottles (Tommee Tippee and Born Free), a sheet saver, changing pad cover, and pacifiers. I will slowly buy more things over the next couple weeks. I actually don't have all that much more to buy! The last big purchase will be my breast pump, but I am waiting until a little closer to the due date.
We have our childbirth classes this coming Saturday and Sunday. I really hope it's not a waste of time!
Survey:
How far along? 30 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: +20 (ugh. I was really dreading hitting 20lbs even though I know I am in healthy range)
How much does baby weigh: 3lbs 11oz
Symptoms: HUNGRY!!, feeling more tired lately especially if I don't stay busy, constipation, restless legs at night, LOTS of movement, occasional back aches, getting harder to move in "normal" ways, total pregnancy brain, random aches and pains all over, getting more uncomfortable especially at night, peeing A LOT more now
Maternity clothes? Yep, all maternity.
Stretch marks? none besides the small, faded one below my belly button
Sleep: I am waking up all.the.time.. either to change positions or get up to pee
Best moment this week: seeing my adorable Andrew on u/s and hearing the doc say that everything is going great with my pregnancy!
Food cravings: ice cream
Gender: BOY!!!
Labor signs: not yet
Belly Button - in or out? out at the top, flat at the bottom
What I miss: bending over normally, not feeling uncomfortable
What I am looking forward to: Although I am not really looking forward to the child birth classes itself, I am looking forward to marking another item off my to do list!
Milestones: Making it to 30 weeks! 3/4 done!
30w:
Meet the kids!
13 years ago

3 comments:
I hope you had a Happy Mother's Day!!
You look great! And I love that Andrew already bought you flowers :)
wow 30 weeks! Sounds like a great weekend. The flowers are beautiful.
Post a Comment