Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, May 17, 2010

31 weeks!

I'm down to single digits in weeks left!! Today is actually 2 months exactly from my due date. How exciting!


We had childbirth classes this weekend, and they were REALLY informative. I'm so glad it wasn't a waste of time. Corey learned a lot, and even though I knew a lot of what was taught, there were many things that I was unsure about so it reassured me to hear from a professional standpoint. A few things stand out in my mind from the class: I do NOT want a c-section! I know that it could happen, and if it's needed for the baby, then I'll obviously do it but I will explore every option until that is my last resort. Also, I'm kind of unsure about an epidural. I always said I'd definitely want one. Now I'm open to seeing if I could try without. However, I do think that if I get induced I will end up with an epidural since I've heard that contractions can be stronger and more painful. Overall, I learned that you have to be completely open minded because if you plan anything it won't work out that way! Corey was really great with all the breathing practice. He was so focused on my breathing and helping me pace each breath. He is going to be a wonderful coach! We also got a hospital tour. I was really impressed with the renovated birthing suites. However, not so impressed with the maternity ward. Oh well. Hopefully we won't be there long!

It's amazing how hard it's getting to do simple things like shaving my legs. Bending over is just such a chore anymore! My belly is getting huge and Andrew is pushed up against my ribs so that REALLY feels uncomfortable when I bend over. Andrew has also been CRAZY active lately. So much so that I actually googled if too much movement is a bad thing and plan to ask my doctor the same thing! Trust me, I am NOT complaining at all. I just love feeling him in there. But sometimes you look at my belly and it's moving like jello, wiggling in every direction. During the childbirth classes he was just moving all over and kicking up a storm!

After sitting through classes this weekend, it got me thinking about everything I need to do before Andrew arrives. So I made a long "to do" and "to buy" list. I'm a big list person. I already was able to tackle a few items this weekend! Makes me feel so accomplished and keeps me focused on what to do next.

Survey:

How far along? 31 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: +21
Symptoms: still HUNGRY!!, getting more and more tired, constipation seems to be lessening a bit, restless legs at night, LOTS of movement, upper back & rib aches, getting harder to move in "normal" ways, total pregnancy brain, random aches and pains all over, getting more uncomfortable especially at night, peeing A LOT more now
Maternity clothes? Yep, all maternity.
Stretch marks? none besides the small, faded one below my belly button
Sleep: Better this week. Still waking up more often to pee.
Best moment this week: seeing how good Corey did at the childbirth class, having Corey kiss my belly and say goodnight to "my boy"
Food cravings: twizzlers and ice cream
Gender: BOY!!!
Labor signs: I've been having BH (Braxton Hicks) contractions a couple times a day. Actually I've had them for a few weeks now but never was sure they were actually BHs until the instructor at my class this weekend explained them.
Belly Button - in or out? out at the top, flat at the bottom
What I miss: bending over normally, not feeling uncomfortable
What I am looking forward to: continuing to mark more items off of my "to do before Andrew" list
Milestones: going through childbirth classes, down to single digits in weeks!

31w1d:




5 comments:

Shannon said...

I think its a great idea to be open about your birth plan because you're right, you never know what will happen. I made it to 7cm without an epidural and Im glad I did- I think it made my labor go quicker without it. I cant believe you have 2 months left!

Lindsay said...

Glad you enjoyed the classes!! Still looking great!

Carly said...

I am so glad the classes were great- it suddenly seems like it is so soon and an OMG there is no turning back moment once you take them. You continue to look awesome- 9 weeks- AGHHH!

Lil'Misa said...

I'm glad the classes were good and informative. You should be very open, it is the best way to go into your labor and delivery. I was that way and didn't get upset when I couldn't go natural.

You look fabulous as always! I can't believe how fast it is going for you. Andrew will be here in no time!

flojat said...

You look amazing! I can't believe how close you're getting to meeting your little boy!