Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

32 weeks!

I'm really late posting this week! Sorry about that. I can't believe how busy I've been and how fast time has been flying. I'm really not complaining though! I'm beyond excited to meet Andrew in approximately 8 weeks, hopefully less!

This past week I have noticed myself getting more tired and less comfortable. It's usually by the end of the day, around dinner time that both "symptoms" strike. Unfortunately just laying down and trying to relax when I'm tired but not ready to sleep causes my restless legs to flare up, so I either have to get up and walk around or just go to sleep. It's been too warm to use the heating pad anymore. Our pup, Lucy, has been waking up entirely too early lately. I get up at 5am for work and Lucy usually sleeps in with Corey but lately has been waking him up around 5:30 or 6 if he's lucky. Corey usually doesn't roll out of bed until 6:30 or 7 (sometimes later!) We like to joke that she is preparing him for Andrew's arrival. I offered to let her out at 5am like I used to but he declined and said he is getting used to it. He really is going to be a wonderful father! And I can't wait to see it!

I'm quite sure I had a growth spurt this week. I feel like it and many people have commented on it. (See picture below!) But I'm loving the belly and the fact that I'm still just all belly. I hope that continues!

Today I had my 32 week appt. Everything went wonderfully as usual. I didn't get my favorite nurse this time, so I only heard Andrew's heartbeat VERY briefly, but it was long enough to know it sounded great. Blood pressure and weight gain were all perfect as well. I asked my doc about Andrew's "over" activity/movement. I told her how it feels like he is shaking in there or how sometimes he'll kick with such force. She explained that she hears that a lot and it's completely normal. She also took a minute to say that she was not trying to brush it off and say it's nothing, which I really appreciated. I figured all was ok, I just wanted to mention it anyway. The exciting part is I get another u/s in 2 weeks, even though I just had one 3 weeks ago! My doc said she likes to monitor her patients a lot closer towards the end, which leads me to think that this next u/s won't be my last. I feel SO fortunate because I know a lot of women only get 1 the entire pregnancy or none after 20 weeks. Corey and I are already starting to guess how big he'll be this time. :)

Survey time!

How far along? 32 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: +22 (doc's count is at +19)
Symptoms: still HUNGRY!!, getting more and more tired, constipation comes and goes (lol), restless legs at night, LOTS of movement, upper back & rib aches, getting harder to move in "normal" ways, total pregnancy brain, random aches and pains all over, getting more uncomfortable especially at night, peeing A LOT more now, random sciatic nerve pain, hips ache when walking for long periods of time
Maternity clothes? Yep, all maternity.
Stretch marks? none besides the small, faded one below my belly button
Sleep: Great sleep this week besides waking up to change positions and pee.
Best moment this week: hearing Andrew's heartbeat albeit briefly, continuing to have people tell me I'm "all belly" (I don't know why I love that so much!)
Food cravings: twizzlers and ice cream (still)
Gender: BOY!!!
Labor signs: Just a few BHs here and there.
Belly Button - in or out? it has pretty much evened out and is slightly out but not much
What I miss: bending over normally, not feeling uncomfortable
What I am looking forward to: my maternity pictures this weekend!
Milestones: 32 weeks = going to doc appt's every 2 weeks now!

32w2d: (Corey chopped off my legs this time.. grrr)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

You still look great!!

Lil'Misa said...

Look at that you did have a bit of a growth spurt!

Oh the lack of being able to bend over is so not fun. DH used to tie my shoes for me. It is sad when you get to that point.

I can't wait to see your maternity pictures, whoo hoo! I am sure they will be fantastic!