Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, May 31, 2010

33 weeks!

Phew! What a HOT week it's been! I definitely got my taste of what it will be like to sit around very pregnant on a hot day. It totally exhausts me! However, I love the warm weather and am thankful for AC in my school and at home. I just can't be outside as much as I usually am.

One of the biggest changes I've noticed this week is how emotional I've been! There are so many little, insignificant times when I find myself tearing up or feel like I could just burst into tears! I guess I've been lucky that I haven't been overly emotional for most of this pregnancy. Hopefully it won't get any worse!

My homeroom class surprised me this week with a blanket they made (with the help of another teacher) for Andrew. Each student decorated a square and totally kept it a secret from me. So sweet! I'll have to take a picture of it. Last night my SIL shot some outdoor maternity photos for me at a local park. Even though Corey was less than thrilled (and that's the understatement of the year) I was super excited and think we got some really nice pictures. Today we are going up to her house for indoor/studio photos. She has a studio in her basement. I'm so lucky to have such a talented SIL! I can't wait to see these pictures. I know it'll be a memory I cherish forever, even if Corey doesn't understand!

Finally, just when I started to feel more comfortable about how big my belly has gotten, a "friend" sent me a chat message on Facebook yesterday that said, "Whoa! Are there triplets in that belly? Holy cow!" Thanks, jerk! Add that to the list of "what not to say to a pregnant woman."

Survey time!

How far along? 33 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: +23
Symptoms: SO hungry all.the.time, exhausted (probably heat induced), constipation, restless legs at night, LOTS of movement, upper back & rib aches, getting harder to move in "normal" ways, total pregnancy brain, random aches and pains all over, getting more uncomfortable especially at night, peeing A LOT more now, random sciatic nerve pain, hips ache when walking for long periods of time, very emotional, easily winded when walking upstairs/up a hill.
Maternity clothes? Yep, all maternity.
Stretch marks? none besides the small, faded one below my belly button
Sleep: Slept pretty good with the AC going, but it's been SO hard to wake up in the mornings!
Best moment this week: Getting my maternity pictures done, having people see my belly jump and move at a picnic yesterday
Food cravings: popsicles, freeze pops, ice cream - anything freezing cold!
Gender: BOY!!!
Labor signs: Just a few BHs here and there.
Belly Button - in or out? it has pretty much evened out and is slightly out but not much
What I miss: bending over normally, not feeling uncomfortable
What I am looking forward to: the Greek Fest this week/weekend! (Food is AMAZING and I've been waiting for this for months!)
Milestones: under 50 days left! Ahh! :)

33w1d:

5 comments:

Lil'Misa said...

You look awesome, I love that outfit. It used to annoy the crap out of me when people made comments about how big I am. Shut Up! You are making a pregnant lady feel bad, not cool.

Yes being pregnant in the summer is no fun! =) Try to stay cool in the air conditioning.

I can't wait to see pictures of your shoot. DH hated taking the pictures too but once he saw them he was thankful we did them. Even now when we look at our album he is glad we did it. It is a great keepsake.

Jessica said...

I think you look so cute!!! Forget what that girl said..what a dumba**!!

Silvina said...

You look so cute! I like that skirt. I can't believe that Andrew will be here very soon. Your almost there.

Lindsay said...

Such a cute pict of you! I definitely want to see the blanket! How sweet!

L said...

You look adorable!