This weekend was very productive! Corey and I installed the carseat bases in our cars. It was SO simple. I don't know why I was expecting such a hassle. I also packed my hospital bag! Well, what I could anyway. There are things like camera, cell phone charger, etc. that I can't pack yet. I'm planning on printing out a list of last minute items and taping it in several places around the house so that we won't forget those things when it's time. I feel like now that those 2 things are done that we are officially ready for Andrew!
I got a call yesterday from my Dr.'s nurse and she said I tested positive for Group B Strep. BOO! I know it's not a huge deal but there is the chance that Andrew could get sick if I don't get antibiotics in time. The strange thing is that my Dr. wants me taking antibiotics now. I thought I only had to have them through an IV during labor. I was confused and trying to process it all when she called so I didn't even ask her why. I hate when I do that! It's not a huge deal so I'll wait until my appt. next week to ask about it. What I've googled said it's not necessary for the antibiotics now, however, it's most important during labor. So I will make sure that I will get meds during labor as well even though the antibiotics now can make it go away. What I've read is that GBS comes and goes though.
Oh, I'm getting sick. :( Corey started getting a sore throat on Friday and by Sunday he was all congested. Thankfully by yesterday he was already feeling better and on the road to kicking the cold. I tried to stay away from him as best I could (Ha!) and wash my hands a billion times. (I'm a germ-a-phobe.) But obviously that didn't work. The killer sore throat started yesterday and still has a hold on me this morning. I'm figuring by late today or tomorrow I'll be all stuffy and/or runny nose. I hate that I can't really take anything. So, I've been gargling with salt water, using my sinus rinse, and taking vitamin C drops. Oh and drinking even more water than I normally do, which makes me have to pee ALL.THE.TIME! I really hope it won't turn into a nasty, nasty cold. Pray for me!
Ok, survey time!
How far along? 35 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: +24 (YES! No gain this week!)
Symptoms: decreasing appetite, exhausted, on/off again constipation, restless legs at night, LOTS of movement, upper back & rib aches, hard to move in "normal" ways, total pregnancy brain, random aches and pains all over, getting more uncomfortable especially at night, peeing A LOT more now, random sciatic nerve pain, hips ache when walking for long periods of time, very emotional, easily winded when walking upstairs/up a hill, numbness in my right thigh.
Maternity clothes? All maternity.
Stretch marks? I'm just waiting... any day now they're going to pop up on me!
Sleep: I still wake up a lot but sleep isn't too bad. I'm tired all the time!
Best moment this week: Seeing Andrew on the ultrasound! Feeling officially ready for Andrew to come!
Food cravings: (same as last week!) still popsicles, freeze pops, ice cream and also, rice cakes.
Gender: BOY!!!
Labor signs: Just a few BHs here and there.
Belly Button - in or out? it has pretty much evened out and is quite flat. It pokes out at night after dinner. LOL!
What I miss: bending over normally, not feeling uncomfortable
What I am looking forward to: Being done with school! (5 days for the kids, 8 for me!); meeting Andrew SOON!
Milestones: 35 (weeks)/35 (days to go)!
35w2d: Not a fan of these pics this week. They are different sizes, one is blurry, and I hate my smile in the other. Blah!

3 comments:
You are doing great on controling your weight gain! I might need you to share all your secrets ;-)
You look great, honey! He's going to be here so soon!
You look adorable:)
Post a Comment