Wow, so this past week has been quite the week! I mentioned in my post last week about feeling pressure and thinking maybe he dropped. Well, I definitely think Andrew has dropped. I'm getting comments all the time from people that say I look like I've dropped (however, I still don't SEE it). Despite that, I definitely FEEL it! Sometimes I feel as though he is going to just fall right out. LOL! The pressure in my lower belly has continued, and I'm also getting menstrual like cramps infrequently. I've had some quick sharp pains but nothing timeable or extreme. Mostly they are still in my lower belly. I guess with contractions I always thought I'd feel them all over my belly, but what do I know?
Tomorrow is my appt. at which I'll have my first non-stress test, followed by a growth u/s, and then the appt with my Dr. Whew, talk about a loaded appt! At last week's appt I mentioned the pressure and occasional pain to my Dr. so she decided to check me. My cervix is still closed but she did say it's softening. I'm not sure if she'll check me tomorrow or not, but if so, I'm really hoping for some progress, even just a little!
In other news, I am completely finished with school until December 20th! I guess you could say I'm on maternity leave! Yeah! I'm so excited! Although it really only feels like I am on summer vacation. I wonder when it'll really hit me that I'm not going back in September. The other GREAT news is that I got tenure! It was made official at last night's Board of Education meeting. Yay!
Survey time!
How far along? 37 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: +25 (no gain this week - according to the Dr. I actually LOST a lb. Yeah right.)
Symptoms: appetite is picking back up, exhausted, on/off again constipation, restless legs at night, LOTS of movement, upper/lower back & rib aches, hard to move in "normal" ways, total pregnancy brain, random aches and pains all over, getting more uncomfortable especially at night, peeing ALL.THE.TIME, random sciatic nerve pain, hips ache when walking for long periods of time, easily winded when walking upstairs/up a hill, numbness in my right thigh, pressure/some pain down low.
Maternity clothes? All maternity.
Stretch marks? Just waiting for them to appear!
Sleep: Getting rough. I fall asleep easily enough but start waking up around 1am to pee then that continues hourly.
Best moment this week: Hearing Andrew's heartbeat and starting my maternity leave!
Food cravings: still loving all things frozen - popsicles, freeze pops, ice cream
Gender: BOY!!!
Labor signs: lots of BHs, pressure down low, cramps
Belly Button - in or out? it has pretty much evened out and is quite flat.
What I miss: bending over normally, not feeling uncomfortable
What I am looking forward to: Seeing Andrew on u/s tomorrow!
Milestones: FULL TERM!
37w2d:
Do you think I've dropped? 35 vs. 37 weeks:

3 comments:
congrats on getting tenure! how exciting! i'm not sure that i see that you've dropped much, but i think it's easier to see from the front? i remember when i dropped, i couldn't keep my maternity pants up for ANYTHING! they'd just keep rolling back down. that's how you'll know for sure! only a few more weeks, how exciting!!
Oh Yes Andrew dropped! That is what I noticed right away before reading your post.
Congrats on being full term and tenure! Wow lots of great things happening.
I had menstrual like cramps before having Carter. I had BH contractions mixed with the menstrual cramps for about 2 weeks on and off. I hope you are making progress.
Off until December?? Oh, how wonderful!! And I totally think you have dropped... you are full term now, right? So anytime, little Andrew may make his big debut :) Thanks for your kind comments on my blog... so excited for you!
Post a Comment