Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Appt. update!

I had my 34 week appt. and u/s on Tuesday. Andrew is still measuring ahead/big. He weighs 6lbs 2oz! Ahh! That's about 2 weeks ahead according to the u/s tech. He has gained 2.5 lbs in the last 5 weeks. But the important part is that right now looks perfect and healthy! We got to see him practicing breathing and hear his heartbeat at 121 bpm. He is still head down with his face turned slightly to the side. The tech actually had the wand way up under my ribs because he's got a foot shoved up there! Now THAT I knew and could feel quite distinctively! The coolest thing is that he has hair! Now of course I don't know how much, but this is significant to me since I was bald until I was 2! :)

As for the appt. with my doctor, everything went perfectly again. I only gained a pound in 2 weeks. For the first time this entire pregnancy I was not worried about weight gain because I haven't been quite as hungry, and I've been eating lots of fruits and veggies. I just really hope to stay under 30lbs for this pregnancy. I also had the GBS test so hopefully that comes back negative. My doctor is not concerned at all about Andrew's size and seems to think he will even out. I'm not too sure about that since he's been measuring big since the beginning. She did mention there is the possibility of induction but that I would have to be full term. Obviously I wouldn't want to go any earlier than that anyway. But then I was doing the calculations - if he continues to gain 1/2 lb per week from now until my due date he will be 9-9.5lbs. As long as I can avoid a 10lb'er (I don't want him taking after his mother in this way! lol), I would be happy.
Cute story from last night: Corey and I were laying in bed watching TV when Corey leaned over and put his face on my belly and said "Annnnndrew!" Right when he did that, Andrew kicked him in the face! Corey jumped back so quick and we both started laughing so hard. It was really funny!
And here is a picture of Andrew at 34w3d:

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Well I think its safe to say he can definitely hear you all! LOL!

gringa78 said...

Aww! So glad to hear he's growing healthy and strong!! You look adorable!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a big baby you're growing in there ;-) hehe. Good job! Maybe he will even out for you, I'll cross my fingers!

Carly said...

omg he is coming sooo soon! You look great and I love the maternity shots :) The last one (shadow one) is sooo cool and the rest are just amazing