Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

He weighs how much?!

As much as people have told me that Andrew's growth could "even out", I never quite believed them. I guess mother's intuition was right this time! At 37.5 weeks Andrew weighs 7lbs 13oz! Sure, it could be off by 7oz but remember, that's in EITHER direction so he could actually be bigger than that! To top that off, his head is measuring over 39 weeks and his stomach over 40 weeks! When the u/s tech saw those measurements (before she estimated the weight) she guessed he was 8.5 lbs at the moment. Yikes!

My Dr. brought up his weight right away and said she couldn't induce me until 39 weeks but since I'll be 38.5 weeks at my next appointment we will discuss induction then. She knows I was 10lbs at birth and has brought it up at every appt in the past few weeks, so I'm glad she is taking me seriously! Not that I really WANT to be induced, but I'd rather be induced than have a c-section. (I do realize I could still end up needing a c-section...) She checked me and still no dilation but I know that doesn't mean much at this point really. Anyway, everything else is looking perfect. She made sure to emphasize how great Andrew looks and how well I've been doing with my weight. She said my blood pressure (100/60) is absolutely perfect. Doesn't that seem low to you?

So right now I'm just trying to enjoy my last couple weeks of being pregnant even though I'm getting more uncomfortable by the day!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Sounds like Andrew is going to be a healthy baby...can't wait to "meet" him!!

Lindsay said...

Holy Moly! You have a big boy on your hands!

Shannon said...

What a big boy! Cant believe you are in the home stretch, how exciting!

Lil'Misa said...

Oh my goodness!! You have a big boy on your hands. Yikes!