On Thursday I got what felt like menstrual cramps really low, almost underneath my belly. It was a constant pain so I didn't think it was contractions. I tried sitting down, walking around, going to the bathroom, anything to see if the pain would go away but nothing worked. I finally sat down at the computer and googled, "What do contractions feel like?" LOL! Not that that really helped since it seems to be different from everyone. After about 45 minutes the pain went away and hasn't returned. Who knows what that was!
I was in major nesting mode this weekend (even with being sick with a stupid summer cold). I mopped the entire upstairs - hardwood floors in hallway, dining room, living room and tile floors in upstairs bathroom and kitchen. I dusted the whole upstairs, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the bathroom, did a TON of laundry since our laundry room was out of commission all week due to being remodeled, put everything back in the laundry room because it's now finished... um.. I think that's it?! :)
I had a minor freak out session last night because I swear Andrew flipped and was no longer head down. He is very active and I always feel him up high. But last night I was just getting kicked (punched?) all down low and not feeling anything up high. Well, today he's back to kicking me like crazy up high. Thank God! However, I still think maybe he flipped then flipped back. Something definitely has changed. I feel more pressure at my lower belly. I don't think my belly actually looks lower, but I am thinking he may have dropped. It's such a weird feeling. When I walk up the stairs I can now feel my lower belly hitting the very tops of my legs. I never felt that before.
I'm definitely getting more uncomfortable - something else I really noticed today! Of course this week at school is all about cleaning my classroom and getting things put away. Not fun when you have a gigantic belly in the way. I think I overdid it a bit today so I'm going to try to pace myself tomorrow and the rest of the week.
Ok, survey time!
How far along? 36 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: +25
Symptoms: decreasing appetite, exhausted, on/off again constipation, restless legs at night, LOTS of movement, upper back & rib aches, hard to move in "normal" ways, total pregnancy brain, random aches and pains all over, getting more uncomfortable especially at night, peeing A LOT more now, random sciatic nerve pain, hips ache when walking for long periods of time, very emotional, easily winded when walking upstairs/up a hill, numbness in my right thigh, pressure down low.
Maternity clothes? All maternity.
Stretch marks? Can they hold off for another 4 weeks? Please?
Sleep: Pretty good this week minus one night where I barely slept at all. I blame the Sudafed I took.
Best moment this week: When my nieces (3 & 5 yrs) were feeling Andrew kick. The 5 yr. old was trying to guess where his head, feet, etc. were. So cute!
Food cravings: (still the same!) popsicles, freeze pops, ice cream and rice cakes.
Gender: BOY!!!
Labor signs: BHs and possibly those cramps?
Belly Button - in or out? it has pretty much evened out and is quite flat.
What I miss: bending over normally, not feeling uncomfortable
What I am looking forward to: My appt. on Wed. and finishing school this week!
Milestones: less than a month to go!
36w1d:

3 comments:
I started getting pain and braxton hicks around 37 weeks. I think it could be Andrew dropping that is causing that pain. Carter started to get really low the last few weeks and was pushing on my bladder. I had to pee almost every hour. I remember feeling a lot lower and everyone around me said I didn't look lower. Well I had Carter that week, so there everyone! LOL
You look fabulous. Remember to take it easy and don't over do it. =)
you seriously are nothing but belly- love it!
and squeeaaaallll it is so soon :)
You are SO CLOSE!! And still look adorable :)
Post a Comment