Things are slowly getting better. It's still tough but I'm not a crazy emotional/hormonal mess anymore. My bouts of crying (sobbing) have been limited to the middle of the night when Andrew won't stop screaming or fall asleep. This is my worst time because I am flat out exhausted. I cannot nap during the day no matter how hard I try so I hit a wall at night. Thankfully my body is adjusting to little sleep and I'm doing much better. We actually had our best night yet last night thanks to Colic Calm (for Andrew's gassy spells late at night) and Happiest Baby on the Block CD (white noise). He basically slept from 8pm - 8:30am with waking up to feed 3 times during that span. Trust me - this was awesome! We also put him in his crib last night instead of in the pack n' play or bouncy in our room. This helped me sleep much better because he's a noisy baby and I wasn't waking up at every little sigh or moan. I hope this continues!
Andrew had his 2 week pedi appt. today. I couldn't believe when the Dr. weighed him and said he is 8 lbs 7 oz! (He was 7-14 at birth and 7-11 last Tuesday) I knew this boy could eat but wow! He is in the 49th percentile for weight and 50th percentile for height (21 inches - grew 1 inch). The Dr. also commented on how strong he is. Actually, he kept saying that over and over! I was a proud mama!
Before I get to Andrew pictures I wanted to post a 10 day post partum picture of myself. I honestly cannot believe that the weight has come off so quickly. I only have 6.5 lbs to my prepregnancy weight. I thank breastfeeding for that! (Sorry for the horrible mirror picture)
And what you've been waiting for... LOTS of Andrew pictures!
First day at home - love the scrunchy face!
Baby stretches! My absolute favorite thing! I say this to him everytime he wakes up.
Sleeping peacefully
Trying to catch his eyes open for once!
First sponge bath!
Gosh I love this face! I could stare at it forever!
There's my alert baby!
Tummy time! He just wants to fall asleep.. lol!

8 comments:
Andrew is adorable...and you look great!!
ya gotta love breastfeeding for that reason! i gained and lost 60 pounds w/o even trying, it was awesome! :)
What a love muffin.
How adorable is he! I could probably stare at him all day long too! :) And you are looking great!
Aw, he's beautiful! Congratulations!
#1 you look AWESOME!
#2 Andrew is just adorable, what a good looking boy.
#3 I am glad you are figuring out the sleep thing. Carter was a noisy sleeper and woke me up often too.
You are amazing! You look so great- be proud! :) And Andrew- no words- he is just perfect and scrumptious!
So glad our White Noise CD worked for you! Thanks for your positive feedback.
Post a Comment