On Wednesday night (after my last appt.) I started getting some sharp pains in my lower abdomen. They were very quick though and not timeable at all. My belly did not get hard, so I figured they were not contractions. I think those pains lasted on and off for about an hour. I've gotten a few since then but not nearly as long. I still have a lot of pressure down low and feel crampy/achy, but that's about it. I contribute that to the fact that he probably has dropped more. If I thought I was peeing all the time before, well I was mistaken. Last night I was up every hour peeing until about 3am when I got a break until 5:30. I have been drinking a lot more water because of the heat but I usually stop some time before bed so I don't have to pee as much. Ha! I don't think that worked!
My first week of vacation was really nice and productive. I'm just getting a lot of cleaning and other little non-essential thing done that I just think would be nice to be caught up with before Andrew is born. Corey took Friday off to paint our bedroom, which I ended up helping him with. We basically worked in our BR all weekend. I was exhausted! We also set up the pack n' play in our room today. So neat to think Andrew will be sleeping in that soon! We got to spend a lot of time with family this weekend, which was really nice. On Friday we had a little bonfire at our house (see pic below), which was relaxing and exactly what I needed! We also went out to dinner with my parents, went to a AA baseball game, and had a picnic this weekend as well. Lots of fun.
I'm really anxious for my appt on Wednesday because this time I am REALLY hoping for some progress. She also mentioned we could discuss induction at this appt since I'll be 38.5 weeks, however, I have a feeling I won't leave that day with a date but rather she will have me come back in on Friday for one last u/s before deciding upon induction. She had said she wanted another u/s but wanted to space it out more than a week, so that's why I'm basing my assumption on. I will definitely update on Wednesday after my appt.
Survey:
How far along? 38 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: +26
Symptoms: appetite is picking back up, exhausted, restless legs at night, LOTS of movement, upper/lower back & rib aches, hard to move in "normal" ways, total pregnancy brain, random aches and pains all over, very uncomfortable especially at night, peeing ALL.THE.TIME, random sciatic nerve pain, hips ache when walking for long periods of time, easily winded when walking upstairs/up a hill, numbness in my right thigh, pressure/some pain down low, lots of BH's.
Maternity clothes? All maternity.
Stretch marks? Maybe I'll get lucky?
Sleep: If I didn't have to pee every hour it wouldn't be so bad. Naps are my friend right now!
Best moment this week: Seeing Andrew on u/s, hearing that everything is perfect with him right now!
Food cravings: still loving all things frozen - popsicles, freeze pops, ice cream AND PB&J sandwiches!
Gender: BOY!!!
Labor signs: lots of BHs, pressure down low, cramps/achiness
Belly Button - in or out? it has pretty much evened out and is quite flat.
What I miss: bending over normally, not feeling uncomfortable, not having to pee all the time!
What I am looking forward to: my appt. on Wed & meeting Andrew!
Milestones: beyond full term and 12 days to go (hopefully less!)
38w2d:
Lucy and I relaxing before we started our mini bonfire.

2 comments:
Yeah!! You are SO near the end! Cannot wait to see pictures of your little man :) Oh, you might want to check out my blog... I have some BIG news! :)
oh the end is the worst waiting and analyzing every twinge and pang... and poor you in this heat! Looking great and it will be soon!
Post a Comment