Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, September 9, 2010

2 months!

Andrew is 2 months old today! I cannot believe how much he's grown and how much he has changed! His personality has developed so much, and he is so much fun just sitting and watching him!

Yesterday we had his 2 month check up and vaccines. He now weighs 11lbs 11oz and is 23 3/8 inches long. Perfect 50th percentile! His Dr. checked him over very thoroughly and was happy with everything. I brought up my concern of Andrew spitting up a lot (he started doing this MUCH more about 2 weeks ago) but since he is happy and doesn't seem in pain the Dr. wasn't worried. He said Andrew is most likely a "happy spitter" and it's more of a laundry problem than anything else. Yay for him, boo for me! lol

Next up were his shots. He was already upset because we were there FOREVER so he was really tired and getting hungry plus he did NOT like the Dr. looking in his ears. He screamed loudly when he got stuck (twice) then settled to a steady cry. We got home and I fed him then he proceeded to fall asleep pretty quickly. Unfortunately he woke up screaming. I fed him again, which calmed him but when he was finished he screamed again. I felt so bad for him! I gave him Tylenol, swaddled him up and just rocked him. He fell asleep in my arms so I put him in his bouncy seat. When I adjusted his legs he started whimpering so I knew his legs were sore from the injections. Poor little guy! I woke him up awhile later to eat and he was a little fussy but suddenly stopped and started smiling at me! We went for a walk where he passed out until I fed him at 8:15 then he slept until 4am! Today he is as happy as a clam and has given me tons of smiles. I'm so glad he's feeling better!

Here's some neat facts about Andrew at 2 months:

  • He wears size 1 diapers and size 0-3 month clothes (some are snug and some are big depending on the brand).
  • He sleeps like a CHAMP at night! Bed time routine starts around 8 and he is usually asleep around 9. He'll sleep from 9 to anywhere between 3-5. His longest stretch has been 9-5:30!
  • Naps are getting better but he doesn't sleep nearly as well during the day as he does at night, which is fine by me!
  • He still sleeps in his bouncy seat at night. Naps are either in the bouncy, swing, or propped up on the boppy in his crib (don't worry, I watch him!) We are working on transitioning out of the bouncy seat.
  • Since he sleeps so long at night he eats every 2-3 hours during the day. He has cut down on the amount of time it takes him to eat, which I think means he has become a more efficient eater.
  • He smiles up a storm especially upon waking from a nap or when you sing to him or make funny noises.
  • He recognizes faces, especially Corey and me.
  • He follows me with his eyes wherever I go and will turn his head towards my voice.
  • He will let anyone hold him and is usually very good!
  • Still loves his Soothie pacifier but mostly during the day. He usually does not sleep with it at night.
  • He loves to stick out his tongue and suck on his hands.
  • Still loves being swaddled, and I have a feeling it will be like that for a long time.
  • His playmat is definitely his favorite play time activity.
  • Car rides have gotten better with less screaming unless he is hungry. I have learned my lesson the hard way!

And now for some pictures of my 2 month old cutie!

2 months old!


Fist pump - Jersey Shore style

Look at that belly!


Comparison with Mr. Hippo (bad picture)

Happy boy this morning!

Look at those gorgeous eyelashes - just like Daddy's!

Sticking out his tongue at me!


Such a happy boy!

3 comments:

Lil'Misa said...

He is too cute. I'm so happy for you that he is sleeping 9-3/5am, that is AWESOME!

Happy 2 Months! =)

Lindsay said...

So cute! And what a big belly! He's been a good eater!

Lindsay said...

I just love his little fist pump! My bestie and her hub are naming their little boy Andrew (after his daddy) - such a sweetie!!