Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, September 12, 2010

my God did that

Corey and I took Andrew to church this morning for the first time. I have not been to church since before Andrew was born. I was getting anxious to return because I have really grown to enjoy this church, especially because I finally was able to get Corey to go with me. When I heard him referring to it as "our church" it really made me happy.

It just so happened that they were starting a new series called "my God did that." Immediately when I saw the title, even before I heard what it was about, my eyes just kept welling up with tears as I looked at Andrew and thought, "my God did that." I was thankful that they keep the church semi dark while we do our worship in song, (they have a band and a worship team and really rock out - it's awesome!) because I couldn't get rid of those tears that threatened to run down my face. Unfortunately I missed most of the message because Andrew woke up and was getting cranky so I had to go out in the lobby and walk around with him, but just the title says enough. My miracle baby is a work of God. I can't stop thanking Him for doing "that" for me.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love this post! "Such a big miracle in such a little boy" is so true. Sometimes I think that if God hadn't put me on this "journey" that I might not realize what a miracle the gift of a baby is. SOOO happy for you!

Lindsey said...

God is absolutely amazing, and if need be LET THOSE TEARS GO!!! It is so overwhelming to know that God cares enough about us as his children that he would do "that" for us. Praise be his name!! I know you are in awe of his greatness! I celebrate with you!!!

rls07 said...

What an approriate message to share on the first visit back to church. H and I went to church for the first time in a really long time this Sunday as well.