Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Telling the parents!

We told my parents yesterday afternoon and Corey's parents last night. It went great! Here's how we told them:

Corey and I were stopping by my parent's house to pick up Lucy because my parents were watching her while we were in Buffalo overnight. I gave them the gift bag and knew they'd think it was a thank-you present for watching Lucy. My mom opened it up and said very softly, "Really?" and then started crying. Then my dad smiled and said to my mom, "You were wrong!" Apparently my mom thought I would be announcing that I was pregnant again on Valentine's Day. Needless to say, they are thrilled!

Later that night we had to go to Corey's company Christmas party. Since Corey and his dad both work for the same company, Corey called his parents and said we'd come over before and follow them to the party. Corey gave his mom the gift bag and told her we gave my parents the same picture. His dad walked in right as she started opening the bag. She had pretty much the same reaction as my mom with the, "Really?" and then hugging us both. They are both very excited as well!

I'm very happy we told our parents but of course am still very nervous now that people know. We'll be telling other family members at Christmas.

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

Where did you find that frame? Precious!

Lindsay said...

ps. it says i need a new invite to the blog.

Lil'Misa said...

Congrats on telling your parents!

Lil'Misa said...

ohh how come i don't see updates on your blog?

Amy said...

Lil'Misa - are you not seeing updates on this blog? Like on your blog roll? Hmm.. I don't know. I've been wondering where everyone is. Maybe they are having problems seeing my updates.

Amy said...

Lindsay - the frames is from Kohls. Do you need an invite to my "old" blog? I'll try sending one again.

Lindsay said...

Just "stumbled" on your blog - I'm new to this whole blogging thing but am going to try and "follow" you :) My husband and I have a similar situation - tried for 18 months, found out we were pregnant in Oct., miscarried in Nov. Anyway, I read your entries and it encourages me to know that you are pregnant again! Congratulations!

Lindsay said...

OK - I couldn't figure out how to "follow" you - so maybe if you want to follow me on my blog: jandlinds.blogspot.com

Thanks and congrats again!!

Lil'Misa said...

Sorry this is so late but no I don't see you in my blog updates. It says I'm following you but I don't get the updates. :( I have to go to your old blog and click on the link you gave and then I see if you have added anything. Boo.

Silvina said...

I love the picture frame. I can't believe your all ready in double digits. I love reading about your weekly updates. Have a Merry Christmas and GL telling the rest of the family.