Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

We have a heartbeat!

I am so happy and so relieved. The tech said she would look at some things and print some pics then show me the screen. I swear that seemed to take forever! What's worse is that Corey could see the screen, so I kept looking at him but he just had a blank look on his face. When I asked him later he said he had no idea what he was looking at - lol! Anyway, the tech was great and explained EVERYTHING she was doing. It was so nice. Heartbeat is at 170 bpm! Based on the old wive's tale it should be a girl! HA! I am measuring 2 days behind my initial calculations, which gives me an EDD of July 17th!

I do have a subchorionic hemorrhage, which my doc did not seem concerned about and said is fairly common. I go back in a month for another u/s (yay!) to check on it. What I didn't think about until later is that I am Rh- and needed the Rhogam shot when I had my m/c. Since I technically have a "bleed" in my uterus I'm wondering if I need the shot again. I think I may call the doc later and ask.

I have to say that I LOVE my doctor. I almost switched because I didn't like how I was treated back in August with my m/c but I never actually saw her during that time. She was absolutely WONDERFUL today and explained everything thoroughly and with extreme patience. When I told her I charted and knew I ovulated a couple weeks late she said it was wonderful that I am so informed about everything. So overall, I'm really happy with her and happy I stayed with this practice. Let's hope it continues!

Here's our little gummy bear!

2 comments:

Lil'Misa said...

I love the u/s picture and seeing your ticker! YAY!!!! :)

Lindsay said...

You're due on my sister's Bday! I'm so happy for you!